Saint Petersburg - lengthy review
When we arrived at the condo on September 14th, I was pleased to find that the location matched the description, and it was easy to find. I will document the issues that we had, and then folllow up with the positives.
1) The floors in the living room/kitchen/dining area were very sandy and sticky/dirty in some places.
2) The bathroom had a stained and filthy plastic mat, and hair in the bathtub/shower.
3) The throw pillows and white blanket on the bed were badly stained and had hair on them.
4) The dresser drawers had sand, dust and hair in them so we did not use them.
5) I went to turn on a lamp, and noticed a pair of women's underwear on the floor next to the dresser.
6) The couch throw cushions were stained, and so was the pullout bed.
7) Some of the dishes that were in the cabinets were dirty, and there was a lot of dust on everything (shelves, fake flowers, and lamps).
8) The living room TV remote was broken and had been "re-paired" with duct-tape, but never worked.
9) There are two closets. Their were at least 4 umbrellas (all broken), shovels/pails/beach ball, beach chairs and an innertube (had a hole in it) mixed in with a mop/broom that needed replaced, vacuum, extra sheets, blankets, beach towels etc. So everything had sand on it. There wasnt anywhere to hang clothes, because the closets were full, dirty and disorganized.
After a few hours of cleaning, I just did the basic sweeping/mopping, wiping down tables/chairs/counter, washing out the tub, and changing the sheets, then I felt like it was comfortable enough to stay in.
1) The central air worked well.
2) All appliances in the kitchen worked well, there were plenty of dishes/pots/pans.
3) The bed was comfortable. Lighting was adequate in all the rooms.
4) It was a great place for two people, I wouldnt want to sleep on the couch though.
5) There were no problems with the wireless internet. I am working on my masters degree, and spent a lot of time on it in the evenings.
6) The area was quiet and nice.
7) The pool is saltwater, was very clean, and close by. A hot tub would have been nice! :)
If the owners/managers would address the issues that I have mentioned, than I am convinced it would be an EXCELLENT place to stay.
Helpful votes: 11/11
Did you find this review helpful?