More than we expected - will stay again
Submitted: August 18, 2012
Stayed: August 2012
We found this condo of Richelle & Alex's on our first trip to Puerto Rico. It was cheaper and far nicer than staying in a hotel, and our hosts were very friendly and extremely helpful.
Nutshell: Fully furnished, nice condo with parking, AC, balcony, and a real ocean view. A very nice beach is literally right next door. You'll need a car; 35 mins from San Juan but 15 mins from many attractions and great beaches. Great experience, hosts were warm and accomodating -- you'll enjoy your stay here.
Quick relevant info about the condo:
- It really does have a beach view. We had a balcony that looked out onto the ocean; albeit there was an open field for one block between us and the shore, but you have a wide vista of the ocean in front of you.
- The beach really is very close -- practically at your doorstep. It makes a difference when it's so close that you don't have to think twice about coming and going to the beach; places that advertise 3+ blocks aren't the same.
- The beach isn't one of the well-known ones, which only means you'll have a fantastic beach to yourself. We found it very beautiful, with softer sand than at the famous Flamenco beach on nearby Culebra. Only beach I've ever been to that actually felt like walking on Tempur-Pedic foam. Yellowy/orange sand, no shells or rocks, and good surfing spot.
- You'll need a car to stay here. We had enterprise for $17/day. It's about 30-45 mins from San Juan. Just understand that this condo isn't in San Juan proper, which is probably why it's a bit cheaper, but we didn't come to a tropical island to spend our days in museums anyway.
- There's not much to do in Luquillo itself -- what it does have are fantastic beaches, the amazing tropical rainforest 15 mins away (takes 2 days to really see it all), and 15 mins to the south is the ferry to Vieques and Culebra. For many people, these things are what they're coming to Puerto Rico for, so the condo's in a great place.
- The condo is arranged as a suite of 3 or 4 rooms, each furnished better than a hotel room, with your own bathroom and everything you'd expect. It surprised us a little that it was a "suite", but all that really meant was we had a fully equipped, communal kitchen outside of our fully private little apartment.
- The area is safe.
- It does have parking.
We'll definitely stay here again. Richelle especially was very available and accommodating, which gave our stay a personal touch that we enjoyed.
Helpful votes: 2/2
Did you find this review helpful?