Just blocks from Portland, Oregon’s Historic Mississippi neighborhood and the charming Alberta Arts District, the Pocket House is a stylish and eco-friendly alternative to the downtown hotel or airport inn.
This guesthouse is fully furnished, close to the city center and a perfect home base for your stay in Portland as well as day trips to the coast, wine country, the Columbia Gorge or the Cascade Mountains. You can walk, bike or take public transportation to Portland’s best shops, restaurants, cafes, parks & more.
The Pocket House was designed by Swift Architecture and beautifully blends modern Scandinavian aesthetic with sustainable Pacific Northwest sensibility. The result is an inviting, 435 square-foot, one-bedroom home with a fully functional kitchenette, separate sleeping loft & a private garden space featured in New York Magazine - http://nymag.com/travel/weekends/portlandoregon/
Stay at the Pocket House & enjoy an authentic Portland experience!
Amenities: • Big windows and lots of natural light, including 9-foot French doors
• 1 bedroom with a queen bed, a loft with a full bed and a comfy pullout sofa in the main room. The bathroom has a large shower, but no tub. The space sleeps up to 5 people
• Wireless internet, TV/DVD (no cable)
• High-efficiency washer/dryer
• Kitchenette with cookware, dishes & small fridge
• Off-street parking and plenty of on-street parking
• A small patio for outdoor dining and lounging
• Outdoor bathtub with hot and cold water
• A small landscaped and fully-fenced yard for your children and/or pooch
• A small ready-to-use charcoal BBQ
• Organic herb and veggie gardens
• Two skylights allow you to gaze at the stars in the summer and cozy up to the sound of the rain in winter
• High-quality cotton bedding and towels
You can walk or bike to:: • “The Hub” on N. Williams Avenue - cafe, restaurants, shops, toy store, etc.
• Lompoc’s 5th Quadrant - Beer brewed on site, tasty burgers and trivia
• King School - seasonal farmer’s market, a playground and field for dogs
• North Portland Wellness Center - a great place for a message
• Vendetta - bar with great patio, tasty sloppy joes and free shuffleboard
• Historic Piedmont Neighborhood - cool, old Portland craftsman houses and big beautiful trees.
• Alberta Arts Neighborhood - shops, bars, cafes, live music, great food and the seasonal/monthly Last Thursday street fair.
• Historic Mississippi District - shops, bars, cafes, live music, hip food carts and more.
• Downtown Portland - home of famous Powell’s Books, the Pearl District and more!
You can drive to:: • Downtown Portland - home of famous Powell’s Books
• Pearl District - great restaurants and the best shopping in town
• Rose Quarter/Rose Garden Arena - catch a show or game
• Convention Center
• Interstates 5 and 84 - Easy access to the mountains, ocean or other side trips
• Irving Park - tennis courts, sports fields, play structures and a dog area
• Alberta Park - big trees, sports fields, play structures and a dog area