We stayed for a week during the holidays. The price way over the value of the place that was in disrepair. The location was near the water, and you were awakened in the morning by gun fire of duck hunters. It was remote and felt a bit unsafe. The kitchen housewares and table/chairs were in poor condition and not clean. The hot water came and went in the upstairs shower with towel/toilet paper holders falling off walls, door to linen broken, towels raggedy. Master bedroom had ONLY a bed, no chair, no chest of drawers. We laid our cloths on the bed of the 2nd bedroom which had a chest of drawer that was falling apart. There was wiring obviously not up to code coming from walls which was extra worrisome because we had 3 smoke detectors that started buzzing and had to disconnect them. The draperies were falling down and unclean along with the sofas. On a positive note, the owner was responsive to our problems with the smoke detectors and when we booked, and quickly refunded our deposit. I do not recommend this place.
Owner's Response: I was very disappointed to read this. We're alway trying to make sure people who stay are happy and also aim to make sure guests expectations are in line with what they see upon arrival. Please let us know during your stay if you have issues as we'd love the opportunity to fix them while you are there.
Just to go through a few of the comments
- smoke detectors , batteries do run out and we ask in our lease and instructions that you assist in keeping the house low cost by helping us out and replacing batteries when they are low. The house has two main smoke detectors connected to the monitored alarm system. We have several more for added safety that need battery replacement when the time comes. In this case our cleaner replaced them when the following tenant let me know. As for wiring , I'm not sure what to say here at all as there is no wiring issue, the town does a rental inspection every year to make sure everything is up to code, including make sure the house has the right amount of smoke and a carbon dioxide sensor near the boiler.
- hunters gun shots and being remote , yes the house is on the edge of a wild life reserve area. It does feel somewhat remote which some people love. Hunters hunt ducks when in season. I myself have never heard them but have seen their hideout set ups when I go on walks thru the wetlands.
- furniture , there is a bedside table at eitherside of the bed in the master bedroom. And two large closets with hangers and hanging space and shelving. We'll look into adding more furniture but I think a prospective renter should be aware that the photos are indicative of the furnishings.
- cleanliness , the house is kept clean and we rarely get complaints but please heed this review if you are obsessed with renting an immaculately clean house. Also consider hiring your own cleaner. We will happily wave the cleaning fee we charge for the cleaner we would have sent there.
- price , just a quick note on this. I think you can see for yourself whether the price is competitive but in order to get the absolute best value for money please rent for a full week and not for say 3-4 days. The other 3-4 days are empty for us.
Thanks for reading. I hope this review and response helps and I hope you let us know if you have any issues during your stay.
Helpful votes: 2/2
Did you find this review helpful?