Gardenbeach Cottage is a cozy two-bedroom cabin, set on low bank beachfront property, surrounded by shrubs, evergreens and arbutus trees, with views out across Ballenas Channel and Georgia Strait to the Bellenas Islands, the Gulf Islands, and the British Columbia mainland beyond. From the front deck it is just steps across the grass to the 70-foot-wide ocean frontage and a rock and pebble beach for walks, swimming, boating, and fishing.
YEAR ROUND -- An ideal location for those wanting to explore and enjoy the activities and tourist destination spots of Vancouver Island:- Parksville close at hand; Nanaimo and Victoria to the south; Qualicum Beach, Courtenay, Comox, and Mount Washington (skiing) to the north; Tofino, Long Beach, and Pacific Rim National Park (the famous 'Long Beach') to the east on the west coast of Vancouver Island - for surfing, storm watching, whale watching, and spectacular sightseeing.
In the area:
* Nine kilometers (5.5 miles) to Schooner Cove Marina (boat launch, fishing guides, kayak rentals, fine dining)
* One kilometer (about half a mile) to the Beachcomber Marina
* Five kilometers (3 miles) to Fairwinds 18-hole golf course and driving range (fine dining)
* Ten kilometers (6.5 miles) to the Red Gap Market grocery store and other small shops
* 15 kilometers (10 miles) to PARKSVILLE
* 25 kilometers (15 miles) to QUALICUM BEACH
* 25 kilometers (15 miles) to NANAIMO
“Well it was love at first sight. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and only wish we could stay longer.”
“Your cabin is a wonderful secluded site to enjoy nature, watching the sea and her inhabitants was enthralling. Eagles showed themselves often, as well as gulls, crows, seals and otters playing on the rocks. At supper last night two (of the many!) deer waltzed past the dining room window.”
“We lacked for nothing. Thank you for all your thoughtful details and the cozy cottage feel. Our dog loved retrieving his toy in the sea and often commented on how great the view was.”
Keywords: Cabin Waterfront Pet-friendly