Honeymoon location - YES!
My wife and I spent two weeks here in May 2011, and it was amazing. The apartment is very spacious for two people, the bedroom was comfortable, and the place is AS SPOTLESS AS IN THE PICS. Can't stress that enough. We were amazed at how nice everything was. Dishes for everything you might want to do, but we never cooked, the food at restaurants was just too tempting!
Location is pretty awesome. You are around the corner from many cafes and restaurants on a quiet, private street with very little traffic. You can walk to parks, museums and all shopping areas. We rented bikes (Pro Velo) and biked around as well. Plenty of room to bring the bikes safely inside too.
What is missing from this awesome place? Some things, but very little in our opinions.
A phone for local calls is not available. Was a non issue for us, but when trying to book things or ask about reservations it would have been helpful.
A TV is not available (was a PLUS for us)
There is an outdoor patio, which is private and not terribly scenic, but no seating out there. The chairs at the table can go out there, but we felt the need to bring them in after using since they are nice furniture.
The only other trivial item was the two lounge chairs are very nice and comfortable, but not quite large enough for snuggling on. A larger couch would have been nice - but that is really trivial.
The unexpected WOWs:
- The privacy of the entrance compared to whats 50 meters from it.
- The very large fridge! We enjoyed a lot of Belgian beer and the fridge was never full.
- The internet was faster than any other place during our trip. Amazing connection, which for us was amazingly helpful.
- VERY close to the train station. Walk it, even with a fair amount of luggage.
- There is a very nice shortcut near the BelgoCom building that is open 6am-6pm (or about that) that prevents a lot of uphill/downhill walking/biking. If you exit the apartment left, and walk down the street you will walk right through it!
All in all the place was amazing. This was our first Homeaway rental, and I have to admit, we will be back, and I suspect the bar was set very high.
Tourists without a Car,
Helpful votes: 2/2
Did you find this review helpful?