Not quite special
Submitted: January 16, 2013
Stayed: January 2013
This house is in a good location and is quite lovely. Eduardo was very pleasant and nice to deal with, but we had several issues:
1. The sofa in the library collapsed when first sat on--the legs on one end collapsed.
2. The thermostat on the second floor wasn't working--it was miserably hot as the heat never shut off.
3. There were no linens in the powder room or kitchen. We had to call to get some and then were brought two washcloths (no handtowels) for the powder room. There were seven of us staying there. Also, one of the king bedroom baths had only one washcloth, one handtowel and two towels.
4. A minor point, but the tissue and toilet paper must have been the cheapest available.
5. The fan in one bathroom was very dirty.
6. While the master bedroom has a large screen TV, the one in the living area is quite small.
7. There was no power to the fancy Miele coffeemaker.
With a little extra care and attention, this could be a great property, but in the end, I must say we were disappointed with the quality. I expect that had we kept calling with issues, Eduardo would have addressed them, but we did not want to spend our long weekend in Austin dealing with folks in and out fixing stuff.
Families with Teenagers,
Families with Young Children
Owner's Response: Ouch! There goes my perfect record. I sent several of my staff to take care of whatever needs or short comings this family needed. I responded instantly to their requests for extra linens. There are 5 and a half bathrooms in the house. One of them indeed had lint on the ceiling exhaust fan. This is truly a fine house with the highest quality equipment. The Miele coffee maker has confused some people but it really is a one button operation that grinds the beans and makes fresh coffee. It is great if you are used to it but difficult when being set up for the first time which is why I provide a low tech coffee maker. Indeed, there was a A/C damper that got stuck and that has been repaired. I'm sorry I was unable to please this family.
Did you find this review helpful?