NOTE: Some mundane info to save you time: MAX 2 person occupancy, sorry no exceptions. 1 week minimum all year and a 3 week minimum April - Oct. If you see a 'hole' in the bookings, less may be possible. Thank you!
One of the best deals on Home Away in Boston! Only $90-something per day if you are staying a month or more. This is an entire, private apartment with your own kitchen & bath on the first floor of a 3-family Victorian house, you are not sharing the space with anyone. (It's common in Boston that old houses are divided into several apartments.)
Whether you are a visiting professional or grandparent or a history buff, you will find 'Daisy' a home away from home, an oasis in busy Boston. Jamaica Plain is a vibrant, park-filled neighborhood of Boston with its own walkable restaurant/shopping district, yet a short 10-15 minute train ride to Downtown Boston. The greenery will fool you into thinking you are farther outside the city! Click 'More Details' below here, to the left to read more:
* Squeaky clean & handsomely furnished
* Beautiful light, charm, open feel, hardwood floors
* 40 inch TV with Cable & Roku (stream movies & shows), and high speed internet, with a cable or wireless
* All utilities included
* Laundry right outside apartment door, no steps up or down
* Roomier than most 2 bedrooms! 900 sq ft (84 sq meters)
* Grocery store, pharmacy, etc within short walk--no car needed! (But fairly easy, on-street parking, no permit required if you do have a car. Also, Zipcars very close by. NOTE: parking tricky all over Boston in snowy parts of winter.)
* Steps to public transportation: #39 bus at end of my block goes past Harvard Medical School / HSPH / Longwood Ave Medical Area and down to Copley Square. A 5-8 minute walk to the Orange line train which goes directly to Back Bay, Tufts Medical Center and Downtown Boston in 10-15 minutes. Mass General Hospital an easy train ride too.
* Few blocks walk to gorgeous parks (Jamaica Pond, Arnold Arboretum and more) and downtown JP's many shops and restaurants
* Cheerful eat-in-kitchen
* Dining room that can double as an office
* Petite but spa-like, gorgeously tiled bathroom
* Spacious bedroom with comfy 'Sleep Number' queen bed
* A friendly, shared front porch with couch
* Cozy, flowered, back yard and patio
* Permit free parking, much easier than other neighborhoods
I love to decorate, so I hope you enjoy this colorful, perhaps a tad eclectic home!
Mature and considerate folks only, please. This is a family-oriented, mostly owner-occupied neighborhood and I wish to respect my neighbors. No undergrad students or rowdy travelers, please! : )
I am originally from the Midwest, but came to Boston to 'try out the East Coast' about 19 years ago and fell in love with New England. Daisy (the house) was an extreme fixer-upper when I bought her and I have been working on her for 15 years. Seems she will never be done--but I'm making progress hopefully!
Daisy is in a friendly, community oriented neighborhood and so close to everything: the parks, restaurants and shops of JP *and* to Downtown Boston--I was very lucky to settle here when I did!
Boston is a fantastic town to visit, especially if you are a history or architecture or museum buff. There are so many things to do here, but also all over the region! Places like Salem, Lowell, Plymouth Plantation or the Newport Mansions are easy day trips. Great overnight trips may include the Norman Rockwell Museum and Mass MOCA (the largest Contemporary Art Museum in the Country!), Portland, Maine (cute coastal town with fantastic food!) or Providence, Rhode Island or even New York City (a cheap, 4 hour bus ride away!) This beautiful region is all within reach here from Boston, MA. Enjoy!