ALOHA HATTERAS has it’s own little cove, it fronts Askins Creek, overlooks Pamlico Sound, is a 5 minute walk to the beach, and includes membership in the island's most exclusive beachfront pool/club/gym/spa. It is also 3min drive to the island's best grocery shopping...key to keeping the chef happy!
Unrestricted, panoramic views of/over water include fish jumping, birds feeding, colorful Pamlico Sound windsurfers/kiteboarders silently drifting by in the distance, and fantastic sunsets--all narrated to the sound of nature.
Experience an intimate relationship with the beauty and magic of Hatteras Island, the gem of the outerbanks. Aloha is Hawaiian for welcome, farewell and love. The owners, whose children grew up in the Hawaiian Islands when stationed there with the military, want you to fall in love with Hatteras Island/the ‘other islands’ of the outer banks. ALOHA HATTERAS is your passport and its deck is truly one of those “close your eyes and think of a favorite, peaceful place” kind of settings; and the view is dynamic with no neighbors in your field of view: watch the Great Egret [some call it a Great White Heron] feed to the sound of song bird music and fish jumping in the morning, striking sunsets over Pamlico sound in the evening, and undiminished stars from the deck’s 6 person hot tub at night. Forget your car and walk to the beach for that early morning stroll, the midday sun, and the evening tides. Windsurfers, kite boarders, and families with small children will love the privacy of the secluded, protected, shallow sandy beach at the end of Park Drive (most find it safe to leave their equipment all day). For those who prefer a BEACHSIDE POOL or that last shower after that last trip to the beach after checkout, enjoy the owner’s exclusive gold membership at Klub Koru (new in 2012). Klub Koru also includes access to the Island’s only private gymn, fitness classes, morning yoga at the beach, beach parking, and spa and salon services. Sports lovers or movie watchers/gamers on that infrequent rainy day will appreciate the 55 inch LCD 1080p TV with surround sound.
Why stay at a place NEAR something beautiful; ALOHA HATTERAS is a destination location that IS something beautiful. Aloha Hatteras!
We were not able to load the wide angle pictures of the interior, so email me for those. The ground level has ample concrete parking, outside shower, grill, carport, and path to the kayak/launch area. The 1st floor has four bedrooms and two baths with shaded deck and fantastic views off two bedrooms. ALOHA HATTERAS’ large upper level great room with tall cathedral ceilings has unrestricted panoramic views of Askin’s Creek and Pamlico Sound, lots of glass, screened in porch--'postcard' views of Hatteras Island's quiet side. The well-equipped kitchen with breakfast bar and roomy dining area is a hit. Wide sun decks provide great bird watching, water gazing, and unrestricted sunsets (the pictures don’t do it justice; if you have better equipment and do better, please email me!). Come enjoy this fabulous view and it's relative isolation (...not sitting on your deck staring at your neighbor like a lot of the 'competition;' even a lot of the 'oceanfront' cottages only have a view of the back of dunes...). With the National Park beach a 5-7 minute walk away, the beachside pool a short drive away for a ‘beach scene,’ and the incredible sunset views of Askin’s Creek/Pamlico Sound from the decks and great room, Aloha Hatteras offers a package of incredibly unique settings.
* $200 to reserve your week
* Klub Koru GOLD with oceanfront beach club resort amenities are included with rental. In addition to the incredibly beautiful and unique beachfront pool setting, Klub Koru Gold also includes access to the Island’s only private gymn, fitness classes, morning yoga at the beach, beach parking, beach club showers, gymn showers that include a towel [great for a final shower after that final day at the beach after checkout]; spa and salon services are also available [google Klub Koru] (swimming pool open -- approximately 20 MAY to mid-SEP)
*Best grocery shopping on the island is 3min away; key for cooking in [we have found that even the best planned dinner involves at least two trips to the Food Lion...big difference between being around the corner vs 25min away in Hatteras, Rodanthe/Salvo]
*Aloha Hatteras is now MANAGED by the OWNERs. No extra administration fees or cleaning fees. This is a $100-200 savings over the (often hidden) administrative costs of renting through a management company.
*Sorry - but No Smoking
The Outer Banks and the National Seashore offer a fascinating combination of natural and cultural resources, and provide a wide variety of recreational opportunities:
* The uncrowded, pristine beach (voted best on the coast) is perfect for families.
* Want to explore? Take the free ferry from Hatteras Village to Ocracoke Island, home of the infamous pirate, Blackbeard; also a small arts community
*Visit the Wright Brothers Memorial and Museum and the Dunes at Jockey's Ridge State Park (50 miles north).
* Fisherman can choose surfcasting, inlet fishing, ocean fishing at Avon Pier, sound fishing (think giant salt water lake), or sport fishing offshore for flounder, drum, blues, mackerel, tuna, and more.
* Discover multiple intimate restaurants with the Outer Banks own brand of beach hospitality rarely seen in vacation destinations. Fresh seafood; Avon, alone, has two shops.
* Surfers can take advantage of the location central to the Outer Banks hottest surf spots including Hatteras Light House, S-Turns, and Frisco Pier.
* Windsurfers, Kiteboarders, and Kayakers can access the warm, shallow waters of Pamlico Sound with just short walk. World famous Canadian Hole Haul-over day use area and Kite Point are less than a half mile south.
Keywords: Beach, Waterfront, creekfront, canalfront, Sunset views, windsurfer, kite, Soundfront, birdlovers, fishermen