If the walls of the Monte Cristo could talk, what stories they could tell, for this remarkable building has been a part of San Francisco since 1875. Originally built as a bordello and saloon. In the 1920s, it served as a speakeasy. When the great fire swept the city after the 1906 earthquake, homes were put to the torch on Van Ness Avenue to create a firebreak, and the Saloon not only survived, it served as a refuge for the newly post-quake homeless. On the ground floor, there are 6 bedrooms each with their own private bathroom. There is an additional half bathroom in the hallway. The kitchen, sitting room, and the dining room is also at this level. On the second floor, there are 8 bedrooms and 8 bathrooms at this level. Several rooms have been recently updated, but many retain their original charm. Each room is also equipped with a 32in LCD TV with built-in DVD player. There are 3 access points to provide WiFi throughout the house.