Hello! THANK YOU for stopping at our site.
With so many properties it can be difficult to know which one would best suit your family and specific criteria. HOWEVER, you have made the PERFECT 'stop' -- I will guarantee that it is one of the nicest rentals you will find, 5-Star all the way!
Before you get started, I hope you will take a moment to look at our Guest Reviews! These candid comments from our guests will give you a good perspective as you read through this information.
(Also, just to let you know I do rent throughout the holidays.... THANKSGIVING and CHRISTMAS 2014 & New Year's are available.) Dates are flexible during those times. The house looks 'magical' for Christmas!!
WELCOME to 'Ocean's Song'.... 'The Ocean's Song is the music of our souls!'
This is NOT your granny's beach house!!
Ocean's Song is a gorgeous 3,600 sq.ft. house, decorated to reflect the Island/Coastal chic, and yet very comfortable with the 'feel' of a cozy old Isle of Palms beach house, yet it is only 9 years old. High end finishes, granite counters, stainless appliances, hardwood floors throughout, laundry room with new washer and dryer, plus the 'Powder Room' is a full bath as well!!
AND, EVERY BEDROOM HAS IT'S OWN PRIVATE BATH!! This house is designed for the whole family -- children of all ages welcome!!!
This home is designed and situated for pool and beach fun! It is beautifully decorated and has every convenience for your stay and yet you will feel comfortable and can 'kick back' and relax!! 'Ocean's Song' is the house you will fall in love with -- where you will want to return year after year!
A few things you will enjoy:
* The entire backyard is a pool [salt water system] area with two levels of decks. Many chairs/chaise lounges and tables make it a great area for entertaining, playing in the pool and sunning! The six burner grill will test Dad's culinary skills.
* The large elevator helps avoid carrying your things up steps, plus it is roomy enough for a wheelchair.
* One block from the beach, it is only a 3 min walk! We have provided beach toys, Boogie boards, Tommy Bahama beach chairs, Beach Buggy, Beach Wagon and Beach umbrellas. Being one block off Palm Blvd. gets you away from the heavy traffic and all of the 'off road' beach parking for the public. You have private parking and no one will be parking in the front yard except you!
* The Isle of Palms Rec Center is just one block away, with tennis courts, gym, fitness center, basketball court, baseball field and lots of play area for your athletes and the youngsters.
* This nine year old house has all the high-end features and appliances you would want -- stainless appliances, french door refrigerator w/ ice and water in door, separate beverage center, oven and warming oven, microwave, gas cooktop, Keruig coffee maker and regular coffee maker, plus electric water pot for tea. The kitchen features granite countertops, two separate sinks, an island and a large outer counter. The kitchen is TOTALLY equipped with EVERYTHING YOU NEED! We also have a separate laundry room with a new heavy duty washer and dryer, plus laundry sink.
* You will like the luxury of the Biltmore Estate sheets and towels, as well as Pine Cone Hill bedskirts. Luggage racks, hair dryers and hand/full length mirrors are provided. Each bedroom is beautifully appointed [with numerous sleeping pillows!] and ready for you to relax at the end of a fun-filled day!
* Ocean's Song has an inverted floorplan. GROUND LEVEL is the garage area where there is a Ping Pong Table, shower and various toys, plus the sliding glass doors out to the pool area. The FIRST level has four bedrooms, each with its own bath. There is also a laundry room on that level. The SECOND level has the MBR, OPEN kitchen, dining area and great room. Also a screened porch. The THIRD level has no living area, but has furniture for you to sit and relax while you enjoy looking out at the view [ocean in distance] and sunsets!
* Almost forgot to mention the 'tellies' -- 60' HD TV with sound bar and Blu-Ray player in the Great Room, 51' HD TV and Blu-Ray player in MBR, and 40' TV's in all of the other BR's. Also high speed WI-FI
* There is more, but we hope you get the idea!! Some other features are listed below and we will also be glad to answer any questions you may have.
We purchased, decorated and appointed this home to be our own personal winter home.... We are delighted to share it and HOPE YOU ENJOY IT AS MUCH AS WE DO!!
*** BOOKING NOW FOR 2014 and 2015.
*** 2014-- Weeks still available in SEP/OCT/NOV/DEC.
*** CHRISTMAS 2014 still available, please contact me for photos from last year. Spending Christmas at Ocean's Song with your family will be 'magical'.... I decorate the house very tastefully with gorgeous trees, outside lights, etc.... you will absolutely love it!!
I look forward to hearing from you.... YOU WILL LOVE 'OCEAN'S SONG' !!
My husband, Bill, and I live in Denver, CO. Bill is still practicing law and I have retired. For the past twelve years we have spent Jan -- Mar. at the Isle of Palms. We have many friends there now and also have relatives nearby. It is a wonderful place and we really fell in love with the island and Charleston!!!
We purchased this wonderful home mid-April, 2012 and have worked very hard to make special improvements... it is beautifully decorated with all the amenities of home AND MUCH MORE!!
Our children and grandchildren are in Cortand, OH, Denver, CO and Steamboat Springs, CO. They ALL love to visit us at the IOP!! Bill stays busy with work, golfing and fishing. I stay busy with the family and scrapbooks!!
Ocean's Song has been my biggest 'decorating' project since I last purchased, rehabilited and decorated a lovely 'house/cottage' on the waterfront of Lake Erie!! 'Summer Hill Cottage', was featured in Lake Erie Living magazine as one of the 'Top Ten Rentals on Lake Erie'.. that included PA, NY, MI and CANADA!! That was a special honor!
Hopefully, all of our guests at Ocean's Song, will also be come 'friends' and will return year after year, as did our guests at Summer Hill Cottage!
Thank you for taking time to read this and 'get to know' us
Having wintered at the Isle of Palms for the past 12 years, we just fell in love with the island and Charleston!! What great places!! So when we had the opportunity to purchase this wonderful house we decided the time was right!! The house is only 9 years old and is really solidly built and has much of the charm of an old-time beach house. So.... You have the best of both worlds: the proximity to Charleston with its history, charm and cultural events AND you have island living!! It is so nice to be just a few steps from the beach, 20 min from the Charleston Airport AND 20 min. dod-to-door to downtown Charlestson!! A great combination of Ocean, Culture, History... it has it all!!
We are great fans of the Isle of Palms. It really has the feel of an old time beach resort. The local government has NOT allowed the development of huge hotels and high rise buildings at the beach, so it is lovely!! It is a wonderful relaxing family place.
Location, Location, Location!!! One short block to the beach and one short block to the Isle of Palms Rec. Center!! AND only 20 min to downtown Charleston!!! Although a good size at 3,600 sq.ft., it is very up-scale and yet VERY COZY AND COMFORTABLE with the old time Isle of Palms beach house 'feel'. It is just a wonderful home to be in!!