1-Month Stay - Great location, quiet, pet friendly
We just left after spending a month in this garden apartment, located in the back of a building on a very quiet brownstone street on the UWS. It's a relatively large studio, and the two of us plus our small dog had plenty of room. The apartment has a large dining table, a couch and coffee table, a TV, queen bed, plus two large closets (some of the closet space is filled with various apartment items). We stayed in the winter and were not able to make use of the private yard, but that is a wonderful thing to have if it's not snowy!
The apartment is older and dated, but it is comfortable. The kitchen has very basic amenities, and the bathroom is stocked with a few necessities and plenty of towels.
* Excellent location! Half-block from the subway.
* Easy street parking if you are bringing a car
* Pet friendly! Plus, there is a Little Creatures on Columbus less than a block away.
* Very, very quiet. No street noise, and we only heard neighbors a few times
* Good sleep quality, the bed is comfortable
* Internet and TV worked great
* Good size studio, did not feel cramped
* Lots of outlets and closet space
* Shower had great water pressure
* The owner is extremely responsive and accommodating. Easy check-in.
* As others have mentioned, the apartment could use some touching up. The bathroom is especially dated.
* Bring slippers as the wooden floor can be uneven
* Goes without saying in this type of vacation rental, but do not plan on cooking outside of very basic meals. We planned ahead and brought certain items to use in the kitchen, you may want to as well.
* If you are staying in the winter, know that you cannot turn off the boiler. We had the air conditioner on and windows open to combat the heat.
I would return if needed, and do recommend this apartment to those who are OK with this style of traveling and understand that this is a very basic apartment with many positives. What you give up in amenities and "luxury" you gain in location, price, convenience, and pet friendliness.
Did you find this review helpful?