Nicely furnished large (about 800 SF) one bedroom unit with both king and queen beds on a beautiful river gorge with nearby waterfall and swimming pond. Unit has kitchen, private patio, shared sauna, cable TV, DVR and Wi-Fi. Lush quiet surroundings, yet only 5 minutes to downtown Hilo. All windows look out at beautiful large, landscaped yard - like having your own private tropical rain forest. Parking available (one car) and optional breakfast (fresh fruit, local foods, kona coffee) can be arranged.
We also have a second suite, (a studio apartment with a queen bed) available, that can also be seen on VRBO (#363493) or at Homeaway (#294283).
For more details, map and much more information on things to see and do in the area, etc., please see our web site and blog, OurHiloHome.
Location: A couple blocks off of Mamelahoa Highway in Papaikou, between 6 & 7 mile markers.
27-1993 Enoka Place
Papaikou, HI 96781
By the way, Google map directions WILL get you there, but your GPS may not, so you may need the old fashioned way… directions and a map:
Directions from Hilo:
1. Take highway 19 (Mamalahoa Hwy) north out of Hilo.
2. Landmarks you will pass include the ‘humming bridge’ and the Alae Japanese cemetery.
3. Watch the mile markers. At mile marker 6, take your first left. (if you see mile 7 or beyond, you’ve gone too far)
4. Then an immediate left again until pass though yellow gate (with Enoka Place sign on it)
5. Then keep following the narrow road (VERY SLOWLY please, 10-15 MPH on our little private road, the neighbors will greatly appreciate it, thanks!) until get to row of mailboxes on right and our cream colored, white metal roofed home(s) on your left.
6. There are numbers posted on the front corner–27-1993
7. Continue on the gravel/dirt road, 100 feet or so past the mailboxes around the little bend to the second of the two connected homes, on your left.
Directions from Hamakua Coast and points North (and Kona side):
1. Take highway 19 (Mamalahoa Hwy) south down the Hamakua coast
2. Landmarks you will pass include Onomea Bay scenic drive and Pinkie’s store (big pink pig).
3. Watch the mile markers. After mile marker 7, take your first right. (if you see mile 6 or below, you’ve gone too far)
Follow directions from 4-7 above.
Keywords: Private 1 Bedroom, 1 Bath separate mother-in-law apartment on own floor of large home. Sleeps 4. There's a deluxe full studio (#363493) unit above the one bedroom unit that is available to rent as well. For much more information, directions, etc. for both available units, please see our web site and blog, www.OurHiloHome.com