Everything Convenient: 2.4 miles to ACL site. Just around the corner from Pease Park (great for running, hiking, all things fitness), several day spas and fitness centers, Austin Java Company and Whole Foods, Book People. 8 minute walking / biking distance from Downtown, UT campus, Boutiques, Restaurants, Entertainment. Short car or bus ride: Barton Springs Recreation Area, South Congress Shopping and Restaurants (10 minutes); Airport, Hill Country (15 minutes)
- 3 story home, 2 spacious bedrooms, 2 private bathrooms.
- 1800 square feet
- 2 private, secure entrances / 2-car garage with opener system and storage
- Utility room with full size, large-capacity washer / dryer, laundry soap and softner, cleaning appliances and storage for luggage during stay
Living Space Highlights:
- Gorgeous Views – State Capitol and Downtown Skyline
- Large furnished living room with HD tv and adjoining slate-tiled dinning room
- Brick, Wood burning fireplace
- Kitchen with dishwasher, stove / oven, refrigerator and microwave, toaster, coffee grinder, blender, coffee maker and all utensils and cookware
- Furnished outdoor balcony / patio area
- Central a/c & heat
- Ceiling fans throughout
- Cable TV and Broadband
- Books (feel free to exchange)
- Front side-- 12’ x 14’ plus with closets (2) and private bathroom, hair dryer, hotel amenities
- Master rear – larger with closet (1) and private bathroom, hair dryer, hotel amenities
- Each bedroom features queen-size beds, comfortable mattresses, 400 ct. cotton sheets / duvets, work desk and chair with desk lamp in each bedroom, wireless internet
- Both with individual, completely outfitted private baths with showers, hair dryers in each bathroom, thick towels, tissue and toilet tissue provided, some toiletries
- Both: Light filled with large bay windows
- Both: High-ceilings with fans
Additionally: 3 Air-Beds, one queen, one twin and one double for extra guests. Enough extra linens and pillows for these provided as well.
- Small upscale enclave: 10 units
- Well maintained
- Great neighbors
- Private off-street guest parking
A five minute walk / bike ride in any direction through Austin’s historic Castle Hill area will carry you past charming Victorian and traditional Austin-limestone brick homes, flowering narrow streets, tree-lined passages / alleyways – and the breath-taking Castle Hill vista overlooking the City of Austin.
The same five minute journey west along 12th Street will take you to the West Lynn’s restaurant / grocery / pharmacy area – or if you prefer more bustling, east to Lamar Street’s Whole Foods, Anthropologie, Book People, the Shoal Creek Saloon, the Tavern, Austin Java, a host of shops for every taste and budget, five-star restaurants, b-b-q joints and the new 24 (hour) Diner.
Another few minutes east will have you downtown at the UT campus, or State Capitol, strolling Congress Avenue on your way to the famous 6th street arts & entertainment district. The South Congress Bridge and SoCo district lies ahead over the Colorado River – and just think, you’ve only begun to explore the marvels of Austin, Texas – where your horizons are always unlimited… so enjoy now!
- Sleeps 6
Keywords: Clarksville, Enfield, Old West Austin,Castle Hill: Area 1
In 2002 we were searching for accommodations for our daughter's sophomore year at UT and decided to invest if we could find a condo we liked. We were very lucky to have found our fabulous townhome just as the newly married seller was preparing to move into another home he purchased. This beautiful Clarksville property atop Castle Hill has had only two young professional friends as renters since 2006. Career moves ended their tenancy.
We now offer this property to all who enjoy a home away from home (only better), a
relaxing, peaceful living environment in one of Austin's most desirable neighborhoods. We love it here and know you will love your stay as well.
Our condo is in the best possible location for visitors and residents alike. We are centrally located- a $5.00 cab ride takes you downtown and to all the best known Central Austin locations including University of Texas, South Congress Avenue (known as SOCO) and the legendary 6th Street Music Scene known for the many clubs, bars and restaurants. In keeping with the peaceful and quiet atmosphere of the Clarksville area, you will find our condo tastefully decorated in natural hues of taupe, light gray and cream throughout the unit incorporating natural slate and tile on the entry, dining room, kitchen and bathroom floors. The unit is 1800 square feet with 14' high vaulted ceilings on the upper most floor, adding to its spacious and light decor and to your comfort as a visitor. All the comfort of home away from home.