Good and bad points!
The property is so close to the beach and absolutely adorable and very well-appointed! However, I had to deduct stars for a few things:
1. The temperature is out of your control and it gets REALLY HOT during the day- and the bathroom... like the devils armpit, I swear. No ventilation AT ALL. Absolutely Miserable.
2. The sleeping situation is NOT comfortable. This thing the call a "trundle bed" is weird and uncomfortable-if you're laying on the part that rolls out; also, the futon is unbearable.
3. The owners dogs LOVE TO BARK... but only at 8am while you're ON VACATION.... hoping to sleep in.
4. Perhaps it was just our experience but the owner checked us in and that was it.. besides a football party they had, it was like they didn't exist- not complaining... BUT..upon reading the guest book- apparently they are "welcoming hosts" and "checked in" from time to time to ensure previous guests had everything they needed. Not us. Actually, we got a TEXT asking to keep quiet because we were "too noisy" the night before- I am in grad school..I was taking a midterm and my husband (who JUST returned from Afghanistan) had a fever and was asleep before 7pm. Not quite sure how that was "noisy" but okay? Giving them the benefit of the doubt, the text came when we had family over visiting...at 8pm. Come on, guys. WE PAID YOU and SPECIFICALLY CHOSE YOUR ACCOMMODATIONS. After that tactless approach to communicate with us, we felt very unwelcome especially after reading that others say they went out of their way to make their stay special.
5. Once again and I know I am repeating.....It's HOT. I know it's Florida but seriously, no control over the air in our room when its 90+ degrees outside?! Uncool. In the most literally sense. MOST of the time our room temp was 79-80 degrees- that's uncomfortable!
But don't worry.. our trip wasn't ruined because our room and bathroom was too hot, or that our hosts weren't concerned about our comfort or being tactful, or even the lack of sleep due to the bed and dog situation. We DID enjoy being walking distance to the beach and the close location to town and having lots of details taken care of for us. Overall, 3 stars is where we stand. I'd recommend this rental if you: are traveling alone, have a voice that projects lower than normal or whisper, enjoy stiff and awkward bedding, wake up before the dogs at 8am, enjoy sweating during your showers. Oh, I can't forget... there's a boogie board and a washer and dryer!
Owner's Response: From time to time this should be expected. However it is disappointing. We post our listing as "in a quiet residential neighborhood".... We understand people wanting to have a good time and enjoying their vacation. In this case, there were people in the vacation rental having what sounded like a party and I asked them to hold the noise down and received an answer of "we apologize" And the noise subsided. As for the other issues, mostly hyperbole. We have had the vacation rental for approximately five years and this is the first negative review.
We are truly sorry the guests were unhappy.
Did you find this review helpful?