Relaxing Time with Family
We truly enjoyed our time at Island Dawn. It was a great value for a young family and met our expectations. Pros are:
1) The location was excellent and the closest stretch of nearby beach was close, clean and BEAUTIFUL. Good proximity to restaurants Also close was a fully stocked grocery store. Very pleased with location!
2) The pool area was nicely maintaned, well shaded and private (a nice respite from the sun soaked beach) - it's the highlight of this home!
3) The home itself had a very smart/well used layout. The bedrooms were roomy/bathrooms were clean.
4) The kitchen was well equipped with cooking and serving utensils.
5) The garage had plenty of fun beach toys for kids.
1) The consumables provided were sparse - we only got one single-use package of dishwashing detergent, 1 paper towel roll, 3 rolls of toilet paper and 2 single-use packages of laundry detergent for a week's stay (and no salt/pepper that we could find) which isn't a big deal, but be prepared to bring your own depending on the duration of your stay and how often you plan to prepare your own meals
2) The screened in lanai was nice in theory but lacked coziness to make you really want to sit there - the air conditioner nearby was exposed and loud and the interior was stark
3) The house is a bit outdated and appears as though it has been "painted over" to disguise wear and tear, although as stated before, was clean
4) The bikes advertised as available for use didn't all have full tires (good thing I'm not sporty on vacation) and the beach chairs were very rusty and hard to open - I cut myself doing so (good thing I'm up to date on my shots ;)
All and all we were very pleased and would stay at Island Dawn again!
Owner's Response: Hi Christina,
Thanks for your review – we are very pleased you enjoyed your stay at Island Dawn. We're so glad you loved the pool area! We put a lot of planning into creating a perfect, private oasis, and so we really enjoyed hearing that it was a highlight for you. And we really love the location, too! Thanks for your comments regarding the beach equipment and bikes. We strive to continually update our vacation home for your enjoyment, and since we are not on the island, we aren’t able to monitor the condition of the equipment from week to week. But we always review and replace worn equipment when we’re at the house, and will be doing so in December. We do hope you shared your comments on the consummables with Island Real Estate who manages our property in our absence, but we will bring it up to them, too. Thanks again and we’re looking forward to seeing you back on the island!
Dan and Dawn
Helpful votes: 3/3
Did you find this review helpful?