PLEASE EMAIL OR CALL US BEFORE USING 'book it now'.
We respond quickly.
* * Welcome to SoCo Spaces * *
'The Orange Door' (license # 102502) is a fun and stylish Mid-Century townhome nestled in historic, charming, Travis Heights. Relax and enjoy the light-filled, contemporary space tucked under a canopy of live oaks - just minutes from lively South Congress Ave. (SoCo) and downtown. Beautifully appointed with custom walnut cabinetry, stained concrete floors, stainless appliances, and modern, cozy furnishings. When you're ready to venture, there are abundant choices nearby sure to entertain every type of traveler - from fantastic restaurants and boutique shops to live music to hike and bike trails.
Both artfully designed bedrooms feature Queen-Size Beds, Memory Foam Mattresses, high thread count sheets and Organic Cotton Duvets. The Master Bedroom boasts a large Walk-In Closet. In case of extra sleeping requirements, linens and a pillow are provided for the living room sofa.
Indulge your culinary desires on the gas range, under a beautiful, stainless steel vent hood. The fully equipped kitchen features stainless appliances, coffee maker, toaster, blender, dishes and cookware. The Galley style kitchen with 'waterfall' island opens to the living room so you can cook along as you watch the Food Network. Or step out onto your spacious patio and whip up a Texas BBQ feast.
• Wonderful walking neighborhood
• Large windows overlooking gorgeous live oaks
• Covered parking for 1 vehicle + free street parking
• Wireless Internet throughout the home
• Grace digital audio player with pandora etc.
• Vaulted Ceilings
• Outdoor patio off kitchen with seating and gas bbq
• Bike rental and delivery available through local bike shops
A stroll a few blocks west takes you to Big Stacy Park equipped with 3 acres of walking trails and a heated, spring-fed swimming pool. You'll also find a playground and wading pool at little Stacy Park - enough fun to entertain even the the tiniest travelers for hours. Walk a little further west and you'll be at vibrant South Congress Avenue (aka SoCo) — filled with fantastic restaurants, cafes, boutiques, and music venues.
The entertaining Second, Warehouse, and Sixth street districts downtown are a 5 minute bus/cab ride. There's even a convenient Capital Metro bus stop 1.5 blocks from the home. Also near are Barton Springs, Zilker Park, the hike and bike trail along Lady Bird Lake (Town Lake), Auditorium Shores, the Convention Center, The Children's Museum, the bats at the South Congress bridge, Whole Foods Market, the Long Performing Arts Center, the Capitol and much more.
Note: Soco Spaces has several similar rentals in the same neighborhood - ask about our sister properties.
We've lived in Austin since 1999 and we love it. We enjoy traveling (as often as possible) and meeting the travelers that grace our vacation rentals. Our other passions include graphic design, film making, publishing, and wake-surfing on lake Austin.
The eclectic, walking-neighborhood, combined with the classic mid-century lines of the home had us hooked!
• Located in one of the most coveted, eclectic neighborhoods in Austin- close to vibrant South Congress and downtown
• Proximity to fun and activities yet peaceful and quiet
• Less expensive, more private, and much larger than a hotel room
• Light filled, relaxing, and inviting space
• High-quality mattresses, bedding, and furnishings
• Covered parking + free street parking
• WiFi throughout
• RENT WITH CONFIDENCE: With 6 years of experience, Soco Spaces has always operated in compliance with the city of Austin legal requirements.
The City of Austin requires that Vacation rentals obtain a license for legal operation. Legal operations should have their license number on their listing.