This extraordinary home combines a love of nature and with luxury living to create an environment that captures the essence of the Central Coast of California. Situated on an acre bluff in Carmel Highlands, this secluded 3,200 square-foot, 2-level A-frame house, with its sweeping ocean and mountain views, has an indoor/outdoor orientation designed to take full advantage of the breathtaking surroundings.
Spacious living areas, with vaulted wood-beamed ceilings, skylights, a wood-burning stove insert (with a bountiful supply of wood provided), a wall of windows, comfortable furnishings and ocean views, are conducive to warm social time. A hedge of Cypress trees guarantees seclusion, while numerous nooks, both indoors and out, provide opportunity for quiet contemplation. And when you want to play, there's a swimming pool, a fitness room and a game room with pool table and video arcade.
Three generous bedroom suites offer sleeping for 6-10. The upstairs master suite features a pellet stove fireplace and private bathroom with walls of rich old-growth redwood, skylights and a separate tub and shower area, The lower-level master suite has a queen-sized bed, mirrored closet doors, skylights and a private bathroom with shower and tub. A second guest suite on the upper level has a king bed, mirrored closet doors, skylights, a pellet and a marble bathroom with pedestal sink and a glass-enclosed shower and tub. All bedrooms are large enough to accommodate additional sleeping provisions, such as an folding extra long twin beds with Memory Foam mattresses or an inflatable queen-sized bed.
The fully equipped kitchen has a central island, gas stove, convection/microwave oven, counter-top microwave, dishwasher, GE Monogram side-by-side refrigerator and indoor electric grill. An adjacent dining area seats 8.
A 600-square-foot solarium adjacent to the pool houses a mirrored fitness room complete with universal gym, free weights, benches, elliptical machine, and an indoor sauna. (Sorry, operation of the indoor hot tub is complicated and there not available for guest use.) The extensive patio and deck includes all the furnishings necessary for lounging and dining poolside, including decorative iron fire pit and patio heater. Other special features include an outdoor hot tub, an outdoor shower and a gas barbecue grill.
The swimming pool is completely private, sheltered by a Cypress hedge on one side, the fitness room on the other and a glass windbreak, which creates a series of picture-perfect framed views of the gardens and ocean. Heating provided by solar panels and the cover make the pool swimable during extended warm periods of the year, usually April through late October.
This is a home where the personality and preferences of the owners shine through. Their love for nature is reflected in artwork depicting sea animals, plant life, landscapes and other natural motifs. Artisan touches can be found everywhere, from the master suite's king bed with its undulating wooden frame made of tree branches to stained-glass insets in cabinets.
The house is equipped with all the latest technology including HDTV Dish Network premium programming, Blue Ray DVD, CD player and library, Sirius Satellite music and a play station with several games. It also has wireless DSL connection and phones with unlimited national long distance privileges.
This home offers additional amentities such as a whole-house water purification system, a central heating and air filtration system, a monitored alarm system, an automatic start generator in the event of a power outage, and interior and exterior programmed accent lighting. There is a washer and dryer and plenty of onsite parking.
Additional Rate Details and Rental Terms.....
* There are areas on the Monterey Peninsula that require a 7 night minimum stay. Please call to confirm availability.
* 10.5% County transient occupancy tax applicable to base rental fees.
*$300 Hot Tub Use Deposit (Refundable if left in good condition).
* Non-refundable cleaning fees are quoted separately from rent at a flat fee of $425
* Stays of 30 days or more require mid-stay cleanings every two weeks that you will be responsible for scheduling with our Vacation House Manager assigned to the rental and paying cleaners for directly at the time each cleaning is performed at the rate of $25/hour. This is over and above the cleaning fee itemized in your contract.
* Accidental Loss and Damage Waiver Fee $75 instead of security deposit (covers up to $2,000 unintentional damage to house or its contents but does not cover negligent abuse or neglect)
* Credit Card number must be on file for security against any damages should damage be due to abuse or neglect and are not accidental in nature. Guest would be responsible for any uncovered damages.
* No Pets Allowed at this location. Please ask about our other pet friendly homes!
* If you want to set-up the king bed combo as 2 twins, please complete and return the Sleep Arrangement Form and send in at least two weeks prior to your arrival.
* Children must be supervised by an adult at all times during your stay since there is a pool on the premises.
* Cancellation Policy: If you cancel 60 days or less before your arrival date, you are eligible for a full refund only if we can re-rent the property for the same dates and rental rate less the $150 administration fee and any bank or PayPal fees incurred by the owner. If you cancel 60 days or more before your arrival date, you are eligible for a full refund of the rental amount less the $150 administration fee and any bank or PayPal fees incurred by owner. [Please read the full terms in the Rental Agreement before signing for any recent changes to this abbreviated policy statement - the Rental Agreement contains our current policy]
* PG&E gas and electricity are paid by guest for rentals of 30 days or more.
* Full payment is due at time of booking if booked less than 60 days prior to arrival date.
* If booked more than 60 days in advance of arrival date, 50% of total amount is due to secure reservation with balance of total due 60 days prior to arrival date.
* Access information and directions will be provided once payment is made in full and credit card is on file.
* This is a 2 story residence so please discuss this with us if anyone in your party has difficulty climbing stairs.
** Please call to inquire about 4 or 5 night minimums for Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Years, subject to owner's approval.
This area is one of the most desirable places in the world to live due to its mild climate and scenic coastline. Attracted by the views and the desire to escape the noise of city living this has been our primary residence for the last 27 years. Along the way, we have discovered our sanctuary is located in a micro climate which is usually warmer and more sunny than other areas of the Monterey Peninsula and Carmel. There is also an abundance of wild life to be seen throughout the year such as Peregrin falcons, owls, hummingbirds, coyotes, mountain lions, raccoons, bob cats, possum, fox, wild boar, deer, Monarch butterflies, Canadian geese, lizards, frogs, whales, dolphins, etc.
We enjoy taking the time to watch sunsets, moon rises, moon sets, clouds on the horizon, the changes of light throughout the day, the movement and colors of the ocean, star gazing, watching nature, taking walks, picnics on the beaches and sharing friendship. As a result, time seems to run differently here infusing one with a sense of mystery and wonder. We hope you will enjoy, respect and appreciate the beauty of our environment and carry with you the revitalizing benefits and memories of a most wonderful vacation.