Spacious home, but DIRTY!
We stayed at this property the weekend after the 4th of July -- 9 adults and 5 children -- for three days.
We enjoyed. . .
* The bunk bed room with four bunks for the four kids ages five and under. This was the perfect way for them to spend a vacation.
* Hugely spacious master bedroom and bath, as well as spacious downstairs bath.
* Two decently sized guest rooms.
* Being able to park two cars in the garage, plus one in the driveway.
* The neighborhood is residential, surrounded by similarly-styled homes and rolling hills. This is, however, definitely "Bear Mountain;" we passed a medium-sized bear as we were returning from town one evening.
* Lots of open space for small children to run and play.
What we did not appreciate about this property. . .
* The carpet was FILTHY. FILTHY. FILTHY. Rugs, too. Within minutes of running around in bare feet, the kids' feet looked as if they had been running on asphalt. The carpet doesn't simply need to be cleaned; it needs to be replaced. The carpet in every room was stained. Portions of the carpet were fraying.
* When we arrived at the house, it was evident that the house had been "cleaned-up," but not thoroughly cleaned prior to our arrival. The hardwood had not been thoroughly swept. The carpet, as mentioned, was disgusting. Food crumbs were on the kitchen counter. I found a hair on the master bed. The management company was extremely apologetic, but after 14 people have descended upon the home for three days, properly rectifying the situation was impossible. The home should have been cleaned properly before we arrived, especially after being charged a high cleaning fee.
* Sleeping for four is advertised in the living room. The caveat is that there are no blinds on the lake-facing windows in the living room! If you plan to sleep in the living room, don't plan to sleep in past sunrise. In fact, none of the lake-facing windows had blinds, including one of the bedrooms downstairs and the billiards room.
* This is purely a rental property and it shows. There were many picture hooks on the walls, sans pictures -- leaving the place feeling rather drab and forgotten. The kitchen sported a mod-podge of cookware. The living room couch is beginning to fray. There are no extra towels, cleaning supplies, etc.
I expected much more from this property, especially at the price we paid. While the spacious feel of it was wonderful, the uncared-for/unclean feel of the place made me uncomfortable.
Owner's Response: I am very sorry about the inconveniences you faced during your stay at the Bear Mountain home. You are right that the home should have been properly cleaned before your arrival. We did offer to rectify the situation after your arrival but as you stated you declined to have the cleaners come back which I do understand. We have since deep cleaned the carpets and put down brand new runners. We will work on getting some blinds and pictures to improve the comfort of the stay. We rely on honest feedback lie yours to improve our homes so we greatly appreciate it! Best,
Helpful votes: 5/5
Did you find this review helpful?