Bright, clean, sunny and spacious flat in Oceanview just steps from Fourth Street and convenient to UC and San Francisco. IF THIS FLAT IS BOOKED SEE OUR SECOND VRBO LISTING # 206569 FOR AVAILABILITY in the popular sister upper flat with similar period decorating and streamline modern conveniences. Both are pet, child and eco friendly and impeccably remodeled just this summer!
Stay in the most historic and visited neighborhood in Berkeley, in one of its best renovated Victorians! Just steps from the popular tourist destination Fourth Street where shopping, boutiques, and restaurants abound, enjoy the oldest neighborhood in Berkeley. Oceanview, with historic landmark homes and businesses.
OCEANVIEW: Oceanview has it all – artists’ lofts, open studios, quaint cafes, landmark Victorian homes, high end boutiques, retail outlets, many restaurants and eateries, the Berkeley Marina, Aquatic Park, Peet’s Coffee, Scharffenberger chocolate factory, the Wooden Duck, Studio Grow a huge children's indoor play space, a Vivarium and much, much more.
MITCHELL HOUSE: this stunning lower flat in an 1896 Eastlake Victorian is an amazing residential space to meet your vacationing needs. The space has 12 foot ceilings, floor to ceiling recessed bay windows, hardwood oak floors, and curved moldings and woodwork.
The flat has been renovated with sustainable and 'green' methods and materials. Original lathe and plaster walls have been maintained and filled with cotton denim insulation. Zero-voc eco paints in custom mixed vintage colors were used through out the rooms. Victorian woodwork was salvaged and incorporated with custom carpentry. Zero-voc grout sealant and caulk were used in the custom tile work. Only non toxic cleaners and products are used by housekeeping. Guests can feel good personally and ethically about the methods used to remodel and maintain this space.
- Parlor boasts wall mounted 40’ plasma TV with digital DVR, plush velvet seating, antique expandable trestle dining table, and large pocket doors.
- Kitchen is newly remodeled with period hardware and cabinetry.
- Master bedroom suite has king size bed, down alternative comforter, high count organic cotton sheets, cable T.V. with DVR and DVD player, ensuite bath with custom handmade Italian tile, and private deck with outdoor curtains, arbor and vines.
- Front bedroom/office has substantial desk space with Dell computer equipped for use, scanner/copier, fax machine, flat screen monitor and high speed internet. The room features stunning Victorian bay windows (bright and sunny), a loveseat, and a new firm queen size bed with comforter and high-end organic linens.
- Half bath/laundry room features high end energy efficient front-loading washer/dryer and period appropriate Victorian style pedestal sink and fixtures.
- High speed wireless internet, DVD library, free dedicated local and U.S long distance phone line, and a stylish IPOD/CD player sound system are further accommodations.
- Small private deck overlooking the beautifully landscaped and tranquil backyard offers a perfect spot for morning coffee or watching the kids play. Smith and Hawken outdoor glass dining set in yard seats 6-8 with further seating and tables available.
- Large, sunny, level backyard with sculpted lawn, custom built sandbox and deep planter box perimeter, scented flowers and vines: lavender, honeysuckle, jasmine, wisteria and fruit trees: apple, plum, apricot, walnut and blueberries. Mermaid fountain rests on handcut flagstone patio. Birdfeeders and birdbaths attract hummingbirds, cardinals, bluebirds, finches and a quartet of friendly bright green and red parrots who neighbors believe broke from the famous 'Telegraph Hill' gang. The ample yard has several seating areas and a new stainless BBQ gas grill.
Pets are welcome with an added deposit and housekeeping staff clean with HEPA hospital grade Swiss vacuums and air filters between every guest stay. Maid service option available weekly for longer staying guests.
We have equipped the flat with everything you need – don’t pack too much – as we provide eco friendly soaps, shampoos, toiletries, as well as a DVD and reading library, towels, linens, kitchen ware, etc.
The IDEAL LOCATION:
We are happy to offer information on local eateries, sights and shopping. We are also happy to guide you in any search for child friendly or pet friendly activities and businesses.
Perfect for a quiet romantic stay, a stimulating visit with friends or family, a central spot for sightseeing trips to Napa, San Francisco, Sausalito, Muir Woods, and UC Berkeley.
We are a 3 minute drive and fifteen minute walk to the North Berkeley BART Station with easy access to all San Francisco, Oakland and other Bay Area destinations. We are just off the main Berkeley exit of Interstate 80, University Avenue, which both leads directly to the Bay Bridge into San Francisco or up to the entrance of the University of California campus. And we are 3 blocks away from the most visited area of Berkeley - the Fourth Street district with unique and coveted shopping, art and food.
Guests who have stayed in the space as well as in our upper flat have raved about it. It is truly unique. This is not a converted extra space in someone’s house. This is a full story of a two floor Eastlake Victorian with lots and lots of light and scenery. It's the sunniest, prettiest spot you’ll find to stay in Berkeley’s buzzing Oceanview district – don’t miss out!
The upper flat is also available for rental (vrbo listing 206569) – it is a similar space with equivalent appointments – see our other ad and inquire if you are interested in renting both together for wedding parties, graduations, reunion and family get-togethers - sleeps (8-10) with extra queen raised bed available.
Keywords: House/Full furnished Flat