A Perfect Getaway from the City
My family of 4 drove up from Atlanta for two perfect nights in the mountains. Some thoughts:
- The cabin was clean, which is always my biggest concern about staying anywhere new. Not just clean, but very clean. I'm a tough customer, and this place was clean from top to bottom.
- This may be the first rental I've stayed in where the drains in the sinks and tubs all drained properly, and there were enough towel racks to hang and dry your towels. Everything else we needed was there as well, but bring your own Kleenex and bar soap.
- The view is the star, and it's as pretty as pictured. It even seemed to change throughout the day and night, like a living painting. So relaxing and serene. I miss that view already. In addition, the master loft looks right out the chalet windows at the view. What a way to wake up!
- Otherwise, the cabin is comfortable and homey; somehow you know you are staying in the house of very kind people. Everything is cute and comfortable. Nothing is updated (no granite or stainless steel) but the house is so well-maintained that somehow it just feels right, warm and cozy. It would lose something if it were ever updated!
- We went to Wagonmaster Adventure Ranch for gold panning and BB and paintgun target shooting. It's about a 1/2 hour away. Really fun, and a true country experience for us city-folk. Also visited some waterfalls that were about an hour drive - way too far for me but beautiful. I'm not sure which trails or river activities are close by. You need a car at this cabin.
- Saw some deer in the neighborhood one evening which is always lovely.
- The owner, Judy, was just as warm and kind as her house felt. All of her responses were quick and accurate, and everything worked as stated in her instructions.
I would not hesitate to recommend this cabin - you will love your stay there.
Families with Teenagers,
Families with Young Children,
Helpful votes: 3/3
Did you find this review helpful?