This secluded getaway, we call Bullwinkle’s Bungalow, is just a one half-mile walk from the center of the historic Gold Rush town of Nevada City. You will find our artistic studio along a quite country road, set off by stonewalls, beautiful forests and mountain creeks. Walking, biking and jogging trails will connect you to miles of wildlife habitat, historic mining sites and beautiful Deer Creek Canyon.
• A 500 sq. ft. studio, quiet and cozy, with artistic touches throughout.
• Italian slate floors provide a Mediterranean atmosphere for cooking, quiet reading and socializing.
• For sleeping or naps there is a cozy loft, with one queen bed. There is also a futon couch that folds into a second double bed if needed.
• A private deck overlooks Bullwinkle Creek. A short trail leads one to beach and swim hole on Deer Creek.
• From the deck, one can access a network of trails. They meander through the woods and along the creeks and connect to local walking, jogging and biking trails.
• Free Wi-Fi access.
• Full kitchen amenities as well as linens are provided
• Less than 10 minutes walk to the historic district of Nevada City, where you will find restaurants, activities, theaters, shops and festivals.
In Nevada City, visit unique shops, art galleries, and wine tasting rooms, dine in world-class restaurants, and enjoy live music and theater. Nestled amongst a mix of cedar, pine, and an assortment of deciduous trees in the Northern Sierra Nevada Foothills, the beauty of Nevada City is second to none.
Many come just to see the fall colors explode as cooler temperatures arrive. Located within a one-hour-drive to popular ski and snow sledding areas at the higher elevations, Nevada City is a popular winter retreat as well. Spring brings fields of wildflowers and warmer weather attracts hikers, cyclists, sunbathers and nature lovers of all ages. The Yuba River is famous for its natural beauty and refreshing, clear swimming holes.
There's plenty to see and do. Enjoy events such as the Nevada City Bicycle Classic, the SYRCL Environmental Film Festival, Victorian Christmas, Constitution Day Parade, numerous farmers markets, and the 4th of July Parade.
Bullwinkle’s bungalow is next to our family home on the land where we have resided for 30 years. We were drawn to the Sierra Nevada because of an appreciation of nature and lifestyle that celebrates the beauty of the land. For us it was the ideal place to settle and raise a family. Having spent periods of our lives traveling and living in parts of Europe and Latin America, we take great pleasure in sharing our surroundings with travelers.
Our place gives us the enjoyment of being in the country with creeks, forests and wildlife as well as being a short walk to town where we can enjoy restaurants and entertainment.