This Edwardian house is surrounded by Golden Gate Park, Pacific Ocean, Lincoln Park, and the Presidio, with easy transportation (bus 5, 31, 38, 2, 1, 29) to every corner in the city. Half block to Golden Gate Park - 3 minutes walk to most event sites, 1.5 miles to Ocean Beach (Cliff House), easy access to Academy of Sciences, Botanical Garden, Japanese Tea Garden, De Young Museum, Lands End, Baker beach, the Presidio, Zoo, Downtown, Golden Gate Bridge, Fisherman's Wharf, Chinatown, Japantown, and more! The house is within walking distance to many restaurants and grocery stores.
The house has 4 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, 1 playroom, 1 formal dinning room, 1 huge living room, fully equipped kitchen, a sunny back yard, and a laundry space. Total 2200 sq. ft. It has original period gumwood and built-in furniture, Internet connections, big movie screen with home theater, fire place, professional stove with grill for BBQ, huge collection of books, and nice and helpful neighbors. Driveway parking is available for one car. Street parking is easy.
6-8 people can stay in comfort. Kids friendly as there is no worry about the noise.
Summer events in San Francisco:
• Bluegrass festival: October 4 - 6. http://www.hardlystrictlybluegrass.com/2013/
• Outside Lands Music and Arts Festival: August, Golden Gate Park (within walking distance from our house).
• Stern Grove Festival: June through August. Diverse performances and concerts, outdoors in a terraced landscape theater - free of charge.
• Yerba Buena Gardens Festival: May to October. Free performances in a variety of genres including dance, music, and children's activities - at Yerba Buena Gardens.
• San Francisco Ethnic Dance Festival: Northern California’s most respected dancers and musicians perform in the month-long festival.
• San Francisco Pride: June. One of the largest LBGT Pride celebration in the world. Two-day event, with the Parade along Market Street.
• Annual Pinot Days Grand Festival: Fort Mason. Taste wines from 185 producers of pinot noir. Meet nearly every winemaker. Consumers will be able to sample up to 400 pinots from every important region in California and Oregon, and to meet the winemakers who create them.
• Marin County Fair: July. San Rafael - Marin County Civic Center. Concerts, rides, fireworks, speakers, films, attractions.
• San Francisco 4th of July - Fireworks & Celebration.
• Fillmore Jazz Festival: July. Stages along Fillmore showcase Bay Area jazz talent.
• The Crucible's Annual Fire Arts Festival; July. Crucible's Fire Art Arena. Celebrates creation through fire and light with an open-air exhibition of fire art.
• San Francisco Silent Film Festival: July. Three days of silent films at the Castro Theater.
Summer events in San Francisco (continue):
• San Francisco Frozen Film Festival: Annual July festival bringing independent filmmakers and musicians to the San Francisco Bay Area from around the globe.
• The Renegade Craft Fair: Fort Mason. Large DIY craft fair with an edge - featuring comic books, to silk-screened posters, to jewelry and reconstructing clothing.
• Midsummer Mozart Festival: North America’s only all-Mozart festival.
• North Beach Jazz Festival: Celebrates the cultural history of North Beach and includes free jazz performances over the five days of the festival.
• San Francisco Indoor Gardening Expo: Discover the latest cutting edge products and technologies for everyday gardening problems.
• San Francisco Theater Festival: Free festival showcasing 100 theater groups and solo performers, as well as a children’s program.
Close to Golden Gate Park, beaches, the Presidio, Lincoln park, Land's end; walkable to many restaurants in Geary, Clement, and Irving st. Buses run every other street (#5, #31, #38, #2). Fresh air. Parking and back yard. Laundry in house. Home theater. Double-WiFi. Spacious.