Submitted: June 1, 2011
Stayed: July 2010
Well, I guess we are not guests either but renters but what a place to rent! We arrived here after a week of wilderness canoeing "real camping" to find comfortable beds, down comforter, lots of hot water, showers, and even a dish washer! Five stars in our book! Now were settled into puzzles, sunning on the dock, picking blueberries, collecting mussels and not much else. It's a beautiful place to chill.
Noodles, our schnoodle, is so happy. It turns out he's part mountain goat and revels from hopping from rock to rock at low or high tide. Yesterday he decided to walk across the wood pile. The two cabin system is perfect for us- three still asleep (at 11:00 AM) one making banana pancakes and one over in the chair where he has been for the last three days. (it's always good to find your spot!)
It's a wonderful place, were having a great time
Sarah, Dave, Maurie, Toby, Abby, Joey
Here's a list of the best things (in no particular order)
1. Snake eating a frog (front walk)
2. Rolling pin and pastry cutter- obviously pie makers stocked the kitchen
3. Shooting stars every night
5. Bull Cook and authentic historical recipes book. The best book ever
6. E.B. While books also best books ever.
7. Riding the "tide ride". (this would be sitting on the dock at low tide and the wild ride up to high tide level- kind of like a canoe ride for the dog, which we liken to "just like a car ride but really really slow") Thrilling none the less.
8. Down comforters in the master bedroom. So five star.
9. Walking across the ocean at low tide
10. Stars reflected in the ocean, the milky way, and Jupiter.
11. Big boats in harbor
A fabulous last minute get away before our first child is born in September (a girl). Thank you for accepting partial week guests! What a fantastic place in a one of a kind location. We hope to come back again in the future and share this place with friends and our daughter.
Kyle, Kristan, baby Zoe and Dakota dog
Did you find this review helpful?