The Bunkalow, as the name suggests, is a bungalow cottage combined with a detached bunkhouse. The bungalow sleeps up to 5 and the bunkhouse sleeps an additional 6 persons. The bunkhouse and bungalow must be rented as one unit. The bunkhouse includes a 1/2 bathroom and the bungalow includes one full- (with shower) and one half-bathroom. We have also added a private deck shower that I personally use every time I shower at the property! (Check our reviews - everyone seems to love the deck shower)
The bungalow has a roomy and open floor plan with one full bath and one half bath, a wood-burning fireplace, and a HUGE deck on Hamlin Lake. The bunkhouse also includes a large screen TV and killer sound system. Launch your boat 5 minutes away at Wilson Hill Park (see VRBO map)and dock at the seawall right in front of our property. Boat over to the dunes and have a blast! Free high speed wireless internet, unlimited long-distance phone, and top 100 channels of Charter cable TV with DVRs on each TV. You will not be disappointed with this cottage/lake experience. Check the user reviews on VRBO. We have not had one bad review!
Nearby attractions include:
- Ludington State Park (launch your boat from the cabin and beach on the east dunes of the Park within 5 minutes!)
- Hamlin Grocery (3 miles south of cottage)
- Downtown Ludington (9 miles south of cottage)
- Mountain Biking at Big M Loop (30 minutes by car)
- Excellent Fishing on Hamlin Lake - Cast your reel from our swing seat!
- Charter Fishing on Lake Michigan
- Ludington Skate Plaza (skateboarding & inline skating)
- Silver Lake Sand Dunes (20 miles south of Ludington)
- Historic SS Badger Car Ferry (Cross Lake Michigan to Wisconsin)
- Historic White Pine Village
- Sand Castles Children's Museum
- Disc Golf
- Horseback Riding (Indian Ridge Riding Stables, 1525 S. Poplar Road, Custer, MI 49405, Phone: (231) 757-4514)
Keywords: Bungalow cottage with detached Bunkhouse, AKA the Bunkalow!
Our family loves Hamlin Lake!
Nothing beats vacationing on the water.
Water, water, everywhere. What's really cool about Hamlin Lake is that it borders Lake Michigan and Ludington State Park, which means you can boat to the Park and walk to the sandy white beaches on Lake Michigan. Or, you can drive 10 minutes by car and be on the beach. Also, Hamlin Lake is divided into two distinct regions, Upper and Lower, which typically means that if the water is too rough from wind on one part of the lake, you can go to the other part of the lake and it will be much calmer.