Submitted: March 24, 2013
Stayed: March 2013
Arrived on schedule 3/7/2013. House was clean and tidy and setup to meet our needs, with a few notable exceptions:
* The condition of the cookware and cutlery was unacceptable, and I was a bit dismayed as I had asked the Property Manager, and his wife about this and was assured the kitchen was well stocked "with all the items you could ever need and all was in good condition" the very night before we arrived!
* I had noted previous review about bed/matress conditions and asked about this as well.. was assured the complaint was from a very much overweight individual and that matresses were is great condition. Three out of the Four beds were terrible, with little support and beyond their service life. The Master Bedroom was acceptable and the futon pull-out was good.
* The house hot water heater was totally inadequate to support more than 2 or a max of 3 showers in a 2 hour period. Much less if the dishwasher was ran or washing machine used. Larger waterheater, elec fast-recovery or gas would be needed to support more than 4 guests, house was billed as 10 - 12 guest capable.
* Also had noted past guest complaints about the controls for Heat & A/C. I was assured this was a "simple thermostat" and past problems were "operator error". I can tell you that 8 adults, many with vast computer experience were totally frustrated by the complex controls, and by the total lack of any type operating instructions or directions !
* The lake levels were very low and no use of the inlet or docks was possible.
* Previous house guests or neighbors had allowed pet droppings to remain in the back and side yard areas. I had a service dog and a very small dog and found this to be totally unacceptable as I spent more time cleaning up after past guests pets than my own. House keeping should be alerted to do a simple walk-around and advise manager or departing guests of their contractural agreement to clean up after their pets !
The Willis area roads were under massive construction plans but access to shopping and local resturants was EXCELLENT !
House was very comfy with adequate and well placed furniture for multiple guests.
Even with low lake levels the giant mosquitos made outside usage in the evenings very uncomfortable. A bug light or zapper would be welcome addition !
House had 2 1/2 baths and this was extremely convenient !
All in all a great stay that could have been wonderful if we had known real conditions of cookware and cutlery.
Owner's Response: I want to assure any guests that we care very much that you have a comfortable stay in our home. We have had family, friends and many guests stay in the house over the past several years, and have had very few complaints for the condition of the cookware or the comfort level of the beds. However, we have taken the recent criticisms to heart. We have added memory foam mattress pads to the three Queen beds (not the master as it was already an upgraded mattress).
We have also purchased new cookware for the kitchen, as on closer inspection, some of the pots and pans did need an upgrade. The kitchen is now adequately stocked with cookware and cutlery for the everyday cook. If you are a gourmet cook, or are picky about your pots, pans and knives, I would recommend bringing that along. This is not a chef's kitchen, but a family kitchen.
As for the lake levels, unfortunately there is nothing that we can do to change that. We too wish for a recovery of the water level in the lake!
Did you find this review helpful?