Our Huge, Customized Residence, called 'Salsa and Jazz Corner,' is the only Alegranza Resort residence that combines two condos into one expansive home suitable for large family gatherings and groups of friends. Developed by singer Enrique Iglesias and international professionals with very high standards, Alegranza combines exceptional quality, location, and service. On a hilltop, the resort is centrally located so you can walk to town (great restaurants, the town square, shopping, and a thriving art district), the wide white sandy beach, the estuary (wildlife preserve great for birdwatching), the starting place for ATV tours, the grocery store, and much more -- all you need to enjoy 'the quiet Cabo,' a historic mission town known for its charm. This residence combines happy Mexican colors with plush sofas, vibrant art, the owner's handmade quilts, and comfortable American conveniences to create a spacious, fun, exciting family home away from home, much better than cramming into a smaller condo, a bland rental, older construction, or expensive hotel rooms. Well-appointed cooks' kitchens. Desks with printers & WiFi. Comfy deck lounging. Multi-zone speakers and receivers with AirPlay; Apple TV and Roku.
The resort's 93 condos all face the sea, three to a floor in six buildings, curved so every residence enjoys privacy and easy access to beautiful amenities. The connection between our two condos is via a heavy, double, alderwood door. It opens and disappears into a pocket when the two condos are combined, so you can pass from one area to the next through your own private terrace. Beautiful set-up for multiple generations, families with teens or young adults, or large groups.
Our location within Alegranza is rare and highly desirable, on the corner facing the wildlife estuary as well as the Sea of Cortez, high enough to really take in the spectacular views. It gets morning sun, keeping it cooler in the afternoons, and it's away from cobblestone street noise. Only the corner units have our kitchen layout and a dining area with a huge picture window. Savor the sunrise with an early morning latte, and take in the sunset from a beautifully furnished marble terrace that's over 73' long and cooled by ocean breezes. Each square dining table seats 4 to 8, and there is terrace dining for a crowd, with both gas and charcoal grills.
10' high ceilings. Sliders that recess into walls. 6-zone A/C + 10 ceiling fans. The deck has chaises lounges, a club chair and ottoman, a loveseat and coffee table, a day bed, and two huge reclaimed pine tables with 12 cushioned chairs, stereo speakers & cooling breezes.
Along with art emphasizing the pleasures & colors of Mexico, waterfront, music and dance, every room was jazzed up with custom furnishings, like hand painted armoires and sideboards, fuchsia ultra-suede sofas, local artisans' work, art and bed quilts made by the owner. Beds have Top-of-the-Line Mattresses. Wall colors, accessories, games and beach equipment--everything was uniquely selected to make this residence a special vacation home for our family. And YOU can reap the rewards of this attention to detail.
Booking and Management: Although advertised by owner, we have bilingual local property managers to answer questions for us since we travel a lot, and they will check you in, orient you, provide concierge services, and handle cleaning and maintenance. If you wish, they'll arrange extra cleaning and maid services, personal shopping (stocking the pantry and refrigerator before your arrival), catering, babysitting, transportation, yoga and pampering--everything you'd expect at an upscale resort. No worries; just relax & enjoy!
With the flexibility of walking to restaurants, making your own meals (with ingredients from nearby grocery stores), or having a chef come cook for you, this is a great home base from which you can explore a different activity or venue every day, many within an easy walk. Plus you can swim laps, stroll the beautiful grounds, work out, kick back around one of three quiet pools and hot tubs, and take in the view from a comfortable sun-sheltered deck.
In Sum: Spacious 4050 sq. ft. with Ocean Views from All Rooms - Rare Reserved Underground Parking - High End Everything - The only 4 BR, 4 Bath home at Alegranza over 4,000 sq. ft. - Rare Corner Layout offers picture windows, wonderful breezes, and corner doors that slide away for maximum indoor-outdoor living! Flexible Bedroom set-up. Premium construction upgrades and special furnishings added to a premium location!
With two daughters and a grandson, we wanted our own special beach property to escape to with our extended family. We swim, sail, kayak, and snorkel. We prepare some large family meals and also walk to casual and elegant dining in town. We haunt the local art galleries and appreciate the town's architecture and friendliness. We enjoyed furnishing this property as if we'd live in it ourselves much of the year . . . including selecting the most comfortable mattresses! Chris created special quilts for the property; she also hosts groups of women here for quilt getaways and retreats.
After years of trips to other parts of Mexico, we were delighted to find San José had everything offered by other Mexican resort areas, and we prefer its climate. We feel safe, enchanted, and love the convenience of Los Cabos Int'l Airport. We've stayed in Cabo San Lucas, but we prefer San José del Cabo because of its charm and historic Spanish Colonial character, peaceful but by no means dull!
San José restaurants are as good or better than Cabo San Lucas', the Art District in San José is as good or better than Todos Santos', and you can still enjoy the same activities. Costco, Home Depot, Walmart and the marinas are easy to visit, but we're happy to be away from Cabo San Lucas's mall, the competing loudspeakers on the beach, in the marina, and echoing off cruise ships and tourist boats every afternoon and evening. San José is a vibrant, authentic Mexican town with upscale offerings for visitors, and it's very easy to get around.
We considered the direct beachfront developments but preferred the new Alegranza Resort by far. Our private and spacious hilltop home has an unencumbered panoramic view of ocean, estuary, town and mountains, from sunrise to sunset. No one looks into our condos or our terrace, and we don't look into theirs. And we love to walk into town.
• PREMIUM CORNER: Salsa and Jazz Corner is on the quieter and more beautiful of Alegranza's two corners, facing the estuary and away from the noise of a cobblestone street; it has an astounding view, a picture window in the dining area, a 73' long wraparound terrace, and being on the 3rd floor is high enough for a great view but low enough for us to use the stairs instead of the elevator.
• UPGRADES: 2 jacuzzi bathtubs and master bath safes, multiple speaker zones, GE Monogram appliances, even an upgraded kitchen sink and extra countertop space, additional lighting and ceiling fans, extra marble, and a built-in day bed on the terrace;
• FURNISHINGS: The furnishings are not one of three standard 'hotel packages' but rather, custom designed and furnished including original art and quilts made by the owner, and much more than standard kitchen supplies including hand-painted Talavera pottery;
• MANAGEMENT: We are conscientious owners who put in many extra touches, maintain an extensive guest information wiki/website, and we also have very responsive local property managers to handle inquiries, check-ins, orientation, concierge services, and any necessary repair or assistance that might arise.
• PARKING: Besides 2 reserved parking spots right out front, Salsa and Jazz Corner each has a reserved parking space at the base of our elevator (rare because only 2 of the 6 buildings even have garages, and the limited number of garage spaces were sold separately); they keep cars cool from the sun and make for easy loading and unloading of luggage, beach chairs & cooler, and groceries).
• HONEST ADVERTISING: The photos on our website and listings were taken in our own condos (except the one with the dolphin).