For more than 30 years, we have been welcoming guests at our apartments at the Golden Rooster to enjoy and explore the beauty of Germany’s Black Forest. Step inside and experience the style and „Gemütlichkeit“ of a Black Forest landhouse. At the 'Goldener Hahn', find yourself surrounded by a blend of old Black Forest charm and modern comforts. The newly built Residence apartments feature village views.
You can treat yourself to a cosmetic program, relax in our pool and sauna or get a massage. You'll love it...
Our younger guests are of great importance for us and we’ve received a German ministry award for our family oriented offering. There is a children’s playing room on the premises and during vacations Baiersbronn runs a daily children's program. Stammhaus, Appartementhaus and Landhaus are in the old centre of Baiersbronn. A corridor connects them all and the indoor pool is located in the Landhaus. A cosmetic or massage treatment can be arranged for you.
Four reasons to visit the Golden Rooster:
1. Style and Ambiance
Each room at the Goldener Hahn has been lovingly furnished and decorated by Kathrin Gruber to provide guests with the comfortable feeling of home. Our regular visitors come back again.
2. Exploring the Black Forest
Whether hiking to a Black Forest hut or tasting the best in local Schnaps - just ask your hostess Kathrin Gruber for some good advices
3. Swimming Pool and Spa
You can treat yourself to a cosmetic program, relax in our pool and sauna or get a massage (at the main building, close to the Goldener Hahn Residence). Please let Kathrin Gruber know three weeks before arrival!
4. Children welcome
Our younger guests are of great importance to us and we've received a German ministry award for our family oriented offering. There is a children's playing room on the premises and during the vacations Baiersbronn offers a daily children's program.
Paradise for gourmets and for hikers: Baiersbronn is a paradise for gourmets: there is a total of six Michelin stars united in Baiersbronn, and one of the restaurants in Baiersbronn (“Traube”) is one of the Top Ten restaurants worldwide (according to the International Herald Tribune). The landscape here is the setting for one of the most beautiful vacation spots in the heart of Europe.
In Baiersbronn a multitude of opportunities for a varied holiday experience are available to active vacationers, as well as those in need of rest and relaxation - in close proximity to home. Each year during the most beautiful season in the Black Forest, namely from the end of July to the end of September, approximately 20 different hikes are organised, which are subdivided into four topical themes (family hiking week, the most beautiful trails in Baiersbronn, the waters of the Black Forest and rock formations).
Please contact Kathrin Gruber for further details. She will also provide you with a hiking map.
Breakfast Buffet in the Golden Rooster: We offer a breakfast buffet every morning from 8.30 – 10 am in the “Stammhaus” in the main building. Prices: 8.95 Euros per person over 15 years. Children under 7 are free. Children (7 – 9 years) pay 3.50 Euros; children (10 – 14 years) pay 4.50 per breakfast. Special weekly rate: 55 Euros per person over 15 years (7.95 Euros per person over 15 years).
Kathrin Gruber: a mother of two in her 40's, is your hostess at the 'Golden Rooster'.
After studying business management and interior design, she attended the hotel management school 'Belvoir' in Zürich (Switzerland).
Andreas Gruber-Beck: is Kathrin's husband. Although he works as an orthopaedic technician in Freudenstadt, he is here on the weekends and is available for questions. Andreas is also responsible for the internet, so any questions you have, he is the person to ask.
Franz Gruber: is Kathrin's father. He is usually available daily, and can assist with almost any question you may have.
Stefan Gruber: Stefan Gruber is Kathrin's brother. While he is not available during the week, he is available on weekends. He is a skilled piano player and will sometimes play for the guests, using the beautiful piano located in the room across the hall from the playroom.
Eric and Anna Gruber: Eric and Anna are Kathrin and Andreas' children. They are available to play and to show your children the best toys in the playroom!
- Join free of charge walks and hikes organised by the Baiersbronn Tourist Information office, including Nordic Walking for beginners
- Baiersbronn is also home to some of the finest German gourmet chefs
- Cultural excursions and other exciting activities await you in the surrounding towns and cities of Baden-Baden, Tübingen and Strasbourg
- Be captivated by the scenery in the hills and valleys of Baiersbronn, accessible by cable-car
- Shop at Germany’s largest open market square in Freudenstadt, only 7km away
- Short transfers from the main airports of Frankfurt (3hr), Zürich (2hr) and Stuttgart (1hr)
- Always feel welcome with your friendly hosts, the Gruber family, according to our motto: “Ganz Familiär”- “Feel Like at Home”.
- Good value for money
- We offer a breakfast buffet : Our playroom, right beside the breakfast room, is perfect for children and their parents
- Enjoy our heated indoor swimming pool, two saunas, relaxation room and fitness/table-tennis rooms in any weather
- Relax with our unique massage and beauty treatments
- Dine at the many family-friendly inns and restaurants in the surrounding area
- Surf the web with our free wireless internet (WLAN), available on the ground floors of all our buildings
- Travel free of charge on all public transport throughout the Black Forest region with the “KONUS” card, which all of our guests receive upon arrivalFor more tips and ideas for family outings, just ask Andreas and Kathrin, themselves parents of two young children
- Experience the family-friendly “Tour de Murg” cycling route. Close to the Golden Rooster, one can also rent a bicycle
- Enjoy our Piano Matinées
- Explore some of Europe’s best hiking and wandering trails