* One block from the Malecon beach boardwalk
* The Malecon boardwalk, downtown stores, and most restaurants are wheelchair accessible
* Progreso is a very safe community: for added protection, the property is walled and has a security gate
* Guests have full use of the large pool facilities and garden area. The pool has access for a wheelchair (provided)
* The Canadian owners live on the property and are available for any questions you may have
*Suite has a fridge, stove, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, blender, dishes and utensils
* There are ceiling fans and air conditioning in the suite
* High speed wi-fi internet access (bring your own computer) and a DVD player are included.
* Interested in Costa Rica? Ask about our condo in Jaco!
* If you want a place full of tourists, restaurants, and other amenities just like the USA or Canada, Progreso is not the place to be. If you want the experience of authentic Mexican culture among friendly locals, Progreso is the place to be.
* Mostly Spanish is spoken here. (However you can get by easily with a Spanish phrase book) You will be immersed in a community of friendly, helpful, and serene people. The crime rate is very low for most of the Yucatan, as its roots are founded by the legacy of the peaceful Mayan culture.
* Progreso's beaches are safe and tranquil making them great for swimming. A nearby marina provides windsurfing and jet-ski rentals.
* Grocery stores, markets, pharmacies, and many restaurants are within easy walking distance. A car is not necessary, however driving a rented car in Mexico is easy and safe, and can make it much easier to get around. The house is one and a half blocks from the bus route, making it easy to ride around town. An air-conditioned bus to Merida leaves the bus terminal every 15 minutes for less than $3 return.
* a golf course only 20 minutes away, or visit the city of Merida, Mayan ruins at Chichen Itza, Uxmal, or the Loltun caves. Enjoy excursions into the mangrove swamps, or take a trip to see the flamingo colonies. You can swim in the cenote at Dzibilchaltun, only 15 minutes away.