Awesome week and the best location in town!
Submitted: July 24, 2012
Stayed: June 2012
We stayed at this property for the 4th of July week in 2012.
There were 7 of us: 3 toddlers and 4 adults, and there was plenty of room for everyone.
The house is nicely kept, with probably all the things one might need while on vacation, including beach chairs, beach umbrellas (old ones, but they worked great for us), bikes (beaters though, but did the job), drying rack outside, boogie boards, all the dishware, silverware, cleaning sullies, etc. There is an air conditioner in every room, including a very powerful one in the living room. There is a roomy nicely kept backyard with green grass, and a very nice outdoor shower (with warm water), that we used all the time. There is a patio up in the front, with a table and 4 nice chairs, and there is a gas grill. The grill is a little older, but once you get a hang of it, grilling was great!
There were several things that we absolutely loved about the property:
1. It is located at almost the end of a dead end street (one of the very few in Cape May), so this means there was almost no traffic, accept for the people looking for parking. This made it a great place for kids to play, and for parents not to worry about the cars that much.
2. The house is located literally 5 minutes walk to the beach, to the Center Washington Mall (center street in Cape May), to stores, to pharmacy, to hardware store, to bike rental, to the park where the musicians perform lice, to most of the best restaurants, etc. So we only used the car a couple times to get groceries! It was great!
3. The fireworks are 100% visible right from the porch.
And one more thing, the owner was very available, and even stopped by to address one issue we had (nothing major, should have read the manual).
So the bottom line is, we really enjoyed the vacation, and the place, and would love to go back there again! I think that it would be very hard to find such a nice place in such a nice location in Cape May.
1. Make sure you bring baby gates if you use them, as the stair case is very steep.
2. One upstairs bedroom doesn't have doors, just the curtains, so not a good place for a toddler. In our case adults stayed there.
3. Internet was working on and off, could be because of all the storms in the area at that time. We actually enjoyed it to be without internet for some time. (still had it on our phones though)
Helpful votes: 4/4
Did you find this review helpful?