Our cottage can be rented one of three ways..... 3 Bedroom, 3 full Baths sleeps up to 10 people OR 2 Bedroom, 2 full Baths sleeps 7 with 3 sleeper sofas OR 1 Bedroom, 1 full Bath sleeps 2-3 with 1 sleeper sofa.
2014 Weekly Rates (HomeAway listed rate is for Lakeside Cottage):
Combined Oceanview & Lakeside Cottages (3 Bed/3 Bath, Sleeps 10)
March 1-June 13: $1,900; June 14-July 4: $2,256, July 5-Sept. 12: $3,106; Sept. 13-Oct. 18: $2,256; Oct. 17- Nov. 3: $1,900
Oceanview Cottage (2 Bed/2 Bath, Sleeps 7)
March 1-June 13: $1,250; June 14-July 4: $1,475, July 5-Sept. 12: $1,995; Sept. 13-Oct. 18: $1,475; Oct. 18- Nov. 3: $1,250
Lakeside Cottage (1 Bed/ 1 Bath, Sleeps 2-3)
March 1-June 13: $750; June 14-July 4: $900, July 5-Sept. 12: $1,275; Sept. 13-Oct. 18: $900; Oct. 18- Nov. 3: $750
3-4 day minimum stay required off-peak. 7 day minimum stay July 5-Sept. 12.
All are pet friendly welcoming multiple pets. Great location - 1 mile walk to town. Dead end dirt road with trail. In Oceanview Cottage, you'll be mesmerized by the view of islands. Step onto the 30 foot deck which flanks the entire width of the cottage. It’s the perfect setting for outdoor living, grilling a steak or feasting on lobster from the coop that is only 5 minutes away.Dining room seats 8 and the large kitchen is well-equipped. Spend evenings playing games or doing puzzles while enjoying music or movies on the flat screen TV with surround sound, and DVD collection. Free WiFi (sit on deck!), washer/dryer and 2 kayaks for your use. All linens included. Across from a beach and lake swimming and paddling. Lakeside Cottage offers views of the lake and sunsets.
Here are 10 reasons to vacation at Boothbay Cottages:
1. Kayak and swim in the warm Appalachee Lake water or the brisk salt water of Linekin Bay. Hint: walk to Barrett’s Park as the ocean water in Lobster Cove is warmer!
2. Walk to the end of Appalachee Road and stroll the Land Trust trail around Appalachee Lake. Take your camera.
3. Take in the views from the expansive decks with a good book and your favorite beverage. If you must check email, there is no better outdoor office with our free WiFI!
4. Linekin Bay Resort is a 5 minute walk away and offers lunch, dinner and Happy Hour with AMAZING vistas and sunsets. www.linekinbayresort.com. Kayaks, canoes, rowboats, heated swimming pool, tennis courts, shuffleboard, horseshoes, basketball and many other activities are available.
5. Hike 18 unique Boothbay Region Land Trust trails within 20 minutes along the coast, in woods or on an island.
6. Visit the Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens with our discount tickets. 248 acres including ornamental gardens, exhibits, café and gift shop.
7. Bring your pets. All are welcome. They will enjoy taking walks on our dead end road as well as exploring the trails and our pet-friendly town. We provide a guide to vacationing with your pet.
8. Only a one mile walk into town to explore the art galleries and shops in Boothbay Harbor. Visit nearby towns Damariscotta & Wiscasset.
9. Only 1/2 mile to the lobster docks where you can enjoy the finest lobster, crab, world renowned oysters, scallops and mussels. Or bring them home to feast on your deck. Try out all the places that offer lobster and rate them for yourselves!
10. Accept our 5% discount to Educators and members of the Military as our token of appreciation.
Things to Do and See in and Around Boothbay Harbor: Located on Linekin Bay with its deep waters and unparalleled views, the cottages’ prime location enables you to enjoy the captivating Maine coast and dozens of attractions all within one hour.
It is just minutes to downtown Boothbay Harbor with its shops, restaurants, and services yet there is privacy, and a sense of peace and quiet at Boothbay Cottages in Appalachee Shores. A 1 mile walk on Lobster Cove Road, past the white Catholic Church and over the foot bridge takes you into the heart of the Boothbay Harbor.
Just over 1 hour north of Portland, an hour south of Camden, and a 3 1/2 hour drive from Boston. Bar Harbor is 3 hours away.
If you’re looking for the authentic Maine experience, this is it. Perhaps the most scenic body of water in New England.
Chip Newell and Susan Morris returned to Maine eight years ago after decades of living all over the US and Canada. Chip first experienced Maine as a student at Bowdoin College and Susan traveled through Maine on her way to the family cottage in Prince Edward Island from Montreal while growing up.
Susan has been in the hospitality and lodging business for over 25 years, including 13 years with Marriott Hotels. She is a bit of a cleanliness nut. Chip has always been in the real estate business, developing hotels, resorts, residences and condos in places as diverse as Washington, DC, Denver, western North Carolina, South Beach Miami, Puerto Rico and Boothbay Harbor, Maine.
Chip and Susan live 10 minutes away from Boothbay Cottages in Boothbay Harbor. Far enough away to ensure your privacy and close enough to be helpful if a need arises.
Three years ago Chip and Susan sold their condo in South Beach Miami and chose to live in Boothbay Harbor on a year-round basis. They love the community and there is so much to do in mid-coast Maine!
When we saw the unique benefit of being able to enjoy both the ocean and a lake grabbed our interest. Views of both from the cottages! Plus it is an amazing century old community of cottages on a quiet dead end road yet so close to the heart of the Harbor.
Ocean and lake views and access. Quiet dead end road. Seasonal community. Close to Linekin Bay Resort, Barrett's Park, Boothbay Region Land Trust trails. Yet only one mile into town.