We had so looked forward to spending our vacation at this property. When we arrived the outside was exactly as pictured the inside was something else..upon entering we immediately could smell the mustiness on the pool level. The TV on this level was missing, only the wires were evident that there actually had been a tv there at one time. Everything about this homeaway was a disappointment. The furnishings are very outdated, broken and worn. The pillows if that is what they call them were so old and gave no support for the head. The kitchen was very ill equipped in regard to pots and cooking utensils, drinking glasses were plentiful but one can't eat or cook with a drinking glass. The stove needs replacement, twice the gas flame shot out and had my daughter been any closer she would have been burned, we did not use the stove for the last two days we were there. (Yes we did report this and told him we wouldn't be using it and he could check it out after we left) there also was a minor problem with the garburetor. There were plentiful ants when food was on the counter.The beach toys should be replaced as well, they all had holes in them. As we were five women ranging in ages they should really let people know this home is way off the beaten track on a roller coaster road not close to even a variety store to pick up milk or bread. I would not recommend this vacation home to any one, this was our first visit to the Big Island and we were greatly disappointed because of our experience with this rental.
Owner's Response: 1) Guests expected second TV. We never advertise that we have two TV. The connector was there when the cable company came for installation and he put second line down-stair just in case we need it.
2) None of the furnishings were broken. It may be worn over time especially in the warm climate like Hawaii. The futon down-stair was brand new, less than a year old.
3) There are plenty of pillows in the closets of each bedroom. Guests can pick and choose the one they like. Some are soft and some are firm. It depends on individual preference.
4) I was at the house for three weeks last March of 2012. I bought a new set of pots and pans. Perhaps, this guests did not see the pot and pans in the kitchen cabinet.
5) My handyman checked out the gas stove and he said they were working fine. There were no complaint from the guests following this guests.
6) Garbage disposal was working fine according to the handyman.
7) Guests should not leave food on the counter because Hawaii has tropical climate not like in the mainland. Food should be kept in the refrigerator at all time to prevent ants and other insects.
8) Beach toys may be damage due to outside storage. We will remove the bad ones.
9) In our driving direction to the house, we inform guests that the house is about 20 miles from Hilo Airport. We suggest that they should buy groceries and supplies that they would need as soon as they leave the airport. The nearest stores to the house is about 10 miles away in Pahoa. We encourage that guests pay more attention to our instruction. Stores are not plentiful as in USA and Canada.
We, as the owner, try very hard to satisfy all guests. But some guests may have more expectation than the others. We have good review following this guests.
Helpful votes: 11/11
Did you find this review helpful?