Nice Stay, but Improvements Possible
There are several things about this property that are positive. The house and pool/yard are very nice. I was worried about it being just SE of the airport, but it was quiet and a convenient location. The things that could be improved upon include:
1. For check-in, the owner kept us waiting outside the property for 1.5 hours with an infant and a car full of food– the result of poor communication with her son and no communication to us.
2. She offered to watch for and secure packages sent in advance of our arrival. Three of the 7 packages were secured. One required driving all over LV to retrieve since we were not provided the address of the USPS to pick it up. The final packages were apparently stolen since they were confirmed delivered and not there for us. The owner would do well to arrange a location – mailbox facility or other – to accommodate guests needing to ship in advance.
3. We had to reset the water heater ourselves to get hot water in the guest bathrooms. The owner’s setting gave us no hot water and a very cold shower for my daughter.
4. No soap, shampoo, etc. was provided. There were minimal towels provided, so we were apparently expected to launder the few there if we needed more.
5. The guest bath had no rugs on the cold tile floor and no bath mat to step on when exiting the shower. The mold in the grout and on the shower curtain was quite unsightly.
6. The pool was not heated and only a remote to control the spa was provided. The remote turned the spa and bubbles on and off separately. There were two additional controls which we were told were for lights, but no lights worked.
7. Fear and frustration continue to mount when two scorpions were found in the laundry room - just feet from where my grandson slept.
8. And finally, the owner did not show at the appointed time to check us out. When a deposit is held for satisfactory check-out, it is unsatisfactory to not be present when the owner walks through. Further, the owner has requested no feedback to improve their property and customer service.
Owner's Response: Check-in time is at 4pm. Guest called at 11am on Christmas
Eve and requested an early check-in.
Owner checked in guest over 2 hours early. Guest was angry upon arrival and despite all the owner's efforts decided that it was acceptable to break into the pool equipment and heat the pool without paying. The pool heat is not included and is very costly in December. The pool heat was turned off the night prior to check-out and the equipment was damaged in doing so.
The pool heat and repair of the pool equipment control cost the owner over $350. Despite these costs, the Guest was not charged.
There were over 20 bath towels in the home upon the guest arriving. Owner suggested that guest ship packages to personal mail box at UPS store and guest insisted upon having them delivered to the home. Owners personally went to home daily to check for packages as theft of packages at Christmas was on the news and that delivery trucks were being followed.
The spa remote operates the spa heat, lights, and jets. It was fully operational upon Guest check-in. It is fully operational now. The issue with the hot water was never mentioned to the owner until the next guest checked in and it was discovered that it had been turned onto vacation mode.
The Guest was instructed what to do upon check-out.
Helpful votes: 6/7
Did you find this review helpful?