6/1-6/8; 6/29-7/6 avl.
Experienced vacation rental homeowners Tim and Elizabeth have created The Seahorse Retreat - a lovely villa in a tropical setting that is perfect for family reunions or get-togethers with friends. The signature landscape features a palm court, infinity edge swimming pool, large in-ground spa, and beautiful flowering plants that overlooks a private beach, dock, and the Santa Rosa Sound. All amenities are shared with the Palm Breeze Beach House - a similar home we manage that can also be rented together or separately (see listing 187335). Each home is on 1/2 acre and enclosed by a fence for privacy.
You'll have multiple porches outfitted with comfortable furniture to relax and marvel at the brilliant sunrises and sunsets. Most every room has incredible views of the water with access to a porch.
A Home with Style...: As beautiful the home is on the outside, on the inside every room has been designed in an eclectic West Indies decor that will have you wondering if you've landed on the doorstep of Hemingway's home. The naturalist feel is intentional to connect our guests with the local wildlife and eco-tourist offerings in the area including kayaking, fishing, bird watching, beach combing, biking, or boating. And the seahorses? You'll find them inconspicuously in the decor throughout the house.
We are located on the Santa Rosa Sound 4.5 miles east of Navarre Beach - an easy, quick drive to the Gulf Beaches. We have the best of both worlds, and here's why:
-- Private white-sand beach that is perfect for kids and adults because the Sound is shallow and clear.
-- No red flag days! The emerald water of the Gulf that you see in brochures is for real - on calm days, but if you come during a week of rough surf, you'll be stuck sitting on the sand. At our beach: No rip-tides, drop-offs, rough surf, or jellyfish. Kids can build sandcastles, look for little fish, or crab and fish from our dock. Explore the Sound on a two-person kayak. You can also bring a boat or jet-skis. And...the Sound is a perfect place to try stand-up paddle boarding.
-- Yet ... easy access to Gulf for an afternoon of wave action, deep-sea fishing, biking on the Gulf Islands National Seashore, or other Gulf-based activities. Groceries and restaurants are nearby. So are Destin and Fort Walton Beach.
-- Gorgeous 18x40 infinity-edge pool overlooking Sound (pool is not heated). There is no other pool like this on Navarre Beach! Let your stress melt away in our spa (hint: it's especially relaxing under a sky full of stars!)
-- Beautiful yard with palm trees, flowering bushes, and green grass. Plenty of room to play, explore, or run around.
Our 3,300-sq.ft. home sleeps 16-18:
- Two spacious masters with king beds and private baths
- Seahorse room with queen bed and shared hall bath
- Kids room (sleeps 5 - one twin over twin and one twin over double bunk) and shared hall bath
- Third floor cupola (via spiral staircase) sleeps 5 (two hanging twin beds, one twin mattress, and one queen air bed) has full bath at bottom of staircase
- Terrace-level room with queen bed, private bath, access to ground-level patio and hammocks
Other amenities we offer:
- 5 1/2 gorgeous baths with upscale vanities and tile treatments
- Gourmet kitchen with new appliances and lovely granite
- Additional refrigerator on ground level if needed
- Flat screen TVs
- Extensive DVD library
- Wireless Internet
- Pack and play; booster seat; Exersaucer
- Game area with foosball table, board games, puzzles, books, and train table (including trains!) for the little guys (and girls!)
- Gas grill
- Well-stocked kitchen with extras (panini grill, waffle maker, slow cooker, spice rack, heavy-duty KitchenAid mixer)
- Ceiling fans throughout
- Hammock and porch swing
- Tandem Kayak and life vests
- Pool toys
- 1000 sq. feet of porches and balconies with prime water views
- Ample parking for 4-5 cars
We're sure you'll agree after viewing the property photos that the home is an ideal spot for a family retreat, a reunion, or even a small wedding (up to 50 guests total; see other requirements below). This home and the one next to it, which also sleeps 16-18, may be available for rental together and are enclosed by a fence for privacy. Both share pool, spa, beach, and dock. Please see listing number 187335 for more details.
But while we know this is a special place, don't take our word for it. See our online guestbook to see what vacationers have to say. To find out if this home is available for the dates you desire, see link for calendar: We update it daily.
When you rent our homes, we provide lots of local info including suggestions of places to visit/tour, restaurants we recommend, and local tips.
To see additional photos, please send us an email, and we will be happy to show many more pictures of our house, including panoramic views.