Cabin with 300 feet of creek frontage. Close to Roaring Run State Park with hiking and historic iron furnace. Swimming, fishing, canoeing, hiking, and hunting close by.
This cabin features three bedrooms, dining room, living room, and kitchen. Hammock and fire ring in yard. Gas logs in living room. Available year round. Fishing in a trout stocked creek on property!
Please note that this rental is a rustic summer cabin. We heat with gas logs and a wall heater. If your expectations are camping, you will be very happy, if your expectations are luxury hotel, you will be disappointed! 10% of our guests feel that that the cabin is not up to their cleanliness standards. The other 90% are fine with the condition. If you think you are in that 10% of folks with high cleanliness standards, this might not be the place for you. There are some cobwebs and the occasional bug. As long time campers, we love it!
Just a regular guy who brews beer at home. From Waynesboro but currently live in Blacksburg. Like most people we are busy which is why we like to head to the cabin whenever we can for some R and R.
If you are looking for quit and restful, this is the place. Not for fancy pants! Sometimes we have a mouse and there's an interesting assortment of insects especially in the summer. Most of them make good bait!
On a clear night you can see the milky way from the hot tub!