Lovley Location - But Needs Some TLC
Spent nine days here and overall it was fine. The villa is in the wonderful area of Sunset Crest and within walking distance to everything we love in Holetown. The villa has a wonderful yard that backs onto a very quiet park you can walk through as a shortcut which is great. Also wonderful for green monkey sightings! The veranda on the villa is spacious and well equipped with furniture, albeit some very spartan (i.e. plastic chairs and table). I must say we were comfortable enough here...BUT, there are many things that could be improved with this property. It has not had proper care for some time and all of the three toilets in the villa had working issues. There is no stand-up shower in the main bathroom despite it having a jacuzzi tub (which we never used) and the shower head was almost completely blocked. The shower in the bedroom at the back had equal issues and the shower head on the outside shower made it really not usable. Furniture and beds throughout the villa are quite average quality and the coffee table felt as if it would collapse at any minute...so we left it alone. None of the exterior motion-sensor lights functioned, although there were three other outside lights that stayed on all the time. It's always nice to have lighting for security. The kitchen was equipped with just the basics and the guests before us must have smashed the coffee carafe as there wasn't one for the coffee maker...a major negative for us! Having a good working blender, somewhat made up for not having coffee. The villa does not have a phone and this is another drawback. It is easy enough to lock down a phone for local calls, and having a phone is often handy for restaurant reservations, calling a taxi, or in our case, calling local friends. Yes, you can use your cell phone, but its expensive for roaming packages. I also appreciate the owner may not want the expense, but you're in the business of renting a villa...therefore you are in the customer service business...give customers what they need. Finally, not having internet access for us, was also a significant drawback. We were safe, we were generally comfortable, and Barbados is still our favourite holiday destination. Unless we hear that this place has had some proper care and attention, that any handyman could do, we would not stay here and again and cannot recommend it as there are other, better villas in the area.
Owner's Response: Thank you for your email. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us in Barbados However I would like to address certain points you brought up in your email.
• In regards to the bathrooms and shower heads, as beautiful and great as it is to live in the Caribbean like everywhere else in the world, it has its ups and downs. The Caribbean is no different. One of the downfalls is, as you know every house gets their water source from the ocean which passes through a filtration system and even though it gets somewhat filtered, unfortunately there still is a salt and calcium build up in the piping system that is out of our control causing the water flow from the shower heads very weak. However if you had brought this to our property managers attention they would have cleaned out the shower heads or possibly replaced them to facilitate the water flow.
• In regards to the furniture being quite average, please keep in mind this is a vacation rental. We were fortunate enough to have respectful guests like yourselves staying at our villa, however not everyone is respectful to other people’s property causing damages to the houses as well as destroying furniture leaving property owners no choice but to decorate their houses with average furniture instead of high-end luxury stuff. However, we have done our best to ensure that our guests are comfortable during their stay.
• In regards to the outdoor lighting, you say that “none of the exterior motion-sensor lights functioned, although there were three other outside lights that stayed on all the time. It's always nice to have lighting for security.”
I agree with you that lighting is nice to have for security purposes. We apologize that the motion sensor lights were burnt-out, however once again if this had been brought to the property managers attention the bulbs could have easily been replaced, leaving you content. However in your statement you also mention that the 3 exterior lights were always on, leaving me confused as to what your complaint is regarding.
• In regard s to the coffee carafe I apologize about it but it just points out my previous point about guests and their lack of respect of other people’s property. Again my property manager could have gone out and bought a new one had this been brought to their attention.
• In regards to telephone and internet, first off nowhere on the website do we state that we had neither phone nor internet however I am not sure if you are aware but from the local gr
Helpful votes: 1/1
Did you find this review helpful?