This rental unit was spacious, with adequate sleeping arrangements for the 10 people in our family. It was most convenient to the beach, the provided grills were superb and spotlessly clean. The pool was very good, but with five children in our group, longer hours would have been preferred.
Now for the problems that made us give this rental only 2 stars. For the extremely high rental cost, we should not have had the following:
1) Dryer lint filter was completely clogged, with over 1/4 inch of lint covering the entire screen area.
2) Hairballs were found in one upstairs bedroom, which had not been adequately vacuumed.
3) Both tub drains were VERY slow, almost to the point of complete blockage. Not much fun taking a shower that ended with ankle deep, dirty, soapy water. I realize this is a common problem with renters not taking the time or consideration to completely wash off beach sand before using the shower, but this difficulty should be addressed by the cleaning crews.
4) In the living room, there was an electrical outlet with the metal part of a broken plug protruding, an obvious shock hazard. Luckily, this was discovered before any of the children found it.
5) The towel rack in the downstairs bathroom was loose and not tight up against the wall. Just a little extra pressure would have torn it completely off the wall.
6) Several of the dining room chairs had loose legs. A few moments with a wrench could have eliminated this hassle.
7) The cushions on the furniture on both decks was dirty, severely worn, torn in places, and some even had mildew.
8) There was no stopper in the kitchen sink, making washing dishes very inconvenient, since a large bowl had to be used for dishwater.
Definitely will not rent this unit again and will not recommend that anyone else do so.
Owner's Response: Thank you Very Much for the Feedback Often times throughtout a long busy rental season normal wear and tear occurs to the unit. We try and address eveyrthing as quickly as possible but due to the nature time restraints in between check-ins it is very difficult. All of these issues have been addressed and the property will be in great shape for the 2013 Rental season.
Helpful votes: 1/1
Did you find this review helpful?