An honest review that I hope helps perspective vacationers
Let me start with the good...
1) Ocean front is in, ON THE OCEAN. Fantastic views and perfect seat for sunsets
2) New hot tub, on the smaller side, seats 4
3) Location in relation to Kailua-Kona
4) Home setup is good with a bath for each room including one downstairs
5) Security gate gives peace of mind
6) Pool is nice, keep in mind it's DEEP on one side which I personally love, but others may be leary
7) NO bugs. If you know Hawaii, this is a nice thing. Not a cane spider or cockroach in site!
Negative Nancy stuff...
1) A/C is allowed for guests upstairs only. There is a unit for downstairs but I never located the thermostat (maybe not a big deal seasonally as the doors open wide wide wide)
2) I'm glad I did not rent during summer because the A/C unit upstairs gave up the ghost while we were there. It struggled while on
3) Bathrooms need attention. VERY outdated and a bit on the icky side
4) Kitchen is no frills but it may be time to replace pots and pans
5) Faucets, shower heads, need replacing. Most aerators are missing and corroded over
6) Noisy street out front (we knew Alii drive was like this, but the home has upper vents that don't close so the noise is with you 100% of the time.
7) Public access adjoins the property which is one reason I admire Hawaii, but we had lots of "guests" hanging out on the wall
All and all this could be a magnificent home and we know things get old which is perfectly fine. But when they no longer work as designed or are corroded over, it may be time to invest a bit back into the property. The ocean redeems this property. Without it I would have been teetering on unhappy. I was content and I think you would be as well but I can't go further than that. I wasn't overwhelmed or underwhelmed. It it was a word, I was "whelmed".
Families with Teenagers,
Families with Young Children
Helpful votes: 4/4
Did you find this review helpful?