Important information on property
This comment is for those that are narrowing their search on vacation rentals. We booked this home in the winter in December.
We could not arrive until 6pm per the owners requirements. We arrived and couldn't see the house door. There was't one light turned on inside or outside. Luckily we packed flash lights so we could enter the house.
Various light switches did not work, including the the hallway.
The house was freezing, The thermostat was set to 68 degrees. This wouldn't have been a problem, but there was a lock box over the thermostat and we were forced to adapt to the temperature the owner felt fit? The owner should take into account that everyones comfort level is different.
There isn't any grocery stores in the area, and the small grocery store we managed to find on our phone was seven miles away and closed early.
We had to drive another thirty miles to the nearest grocery store, which was Walmart for water, groceries, and firewood to warm the house, which also is not provided.
This all could've been prevented with a welcome note, and an explanation of where everything is, and how to use these items. No instructions, no labels on various remotes, and no wireless password. Everything was a figure it out situation.
The theater was amazing, but had many problems with the blue ray player, because it would freeze. This happened with two discs that were new as well. We didn't use the sauna, because we realized we didn't buy enough wood for both the fireplace and the sauna.
You must pack all toiletries, because you will only be supplied with one roll of toilet paper and one roll of paper towel. This place wasn't horrible, but should be in a different category of pricing. Between the holes in the walls and frayed and ripped carpet, price should reflected the property, but it didn't. I compiled a log and photos of damage, and i suggest everyone does the same to get your deposit back, owner will try to keep it.
The cleaning fee is a bit much, considering the price the owner is asking, and because the place was descent, but not "clean"
Closets/areas were filled with equipment and sharp tools, not child safe if you have children. A flashlight should be packed, because the power went out, and it would have been disastrous without them.
Hospitality is a business, and It seemed as though the only priority of this owner was collecting the money. If it was priced according, than most of these issues wouldn't be a concern.
Helpful votes: 37/42
Did you find this review helpful?