Find somewhere else to stay
The overall experience with this rental was very poor overall. The first problem occurred when trying to check-in and instructions on were to obtain the keys were incorrect on the printed instructions. Took several non-responsive calls before rental management called back to give us the location of their office. Keys and instructions left in outdoor mail box once located.
The overall decor was very low grade with many items appearing to be after thought installation with some electrical wires exposed! Building manager entered out residence while we were out enjoying the slopes without notice. When we arrived they explained that the fire marshal had found violations with the property and required mandatory installation of CO detectors. At least cash and credit cards left out were not touched.
Worse part is the lack of sound installation. Every night like clockwork the sound of running back and forth were heard above the living area making it impossible to enjoy a relaxing evening. The last night the running went on and on til near midnight keeping us awake before our long drive back home in the following morning.
Terrible experience and not worth the savings! Had better experiences even at Motel 8 hotels. Please find a better place to stay if you enjoy a safe and quiet place to stay for you vacation.
Owner's Response: Dear Thomas Y.,
I am truly sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay here at Killington Gateway, this is the first time that I am hearing about any issue that you may have had. As for the keys, you are the first people that have not been able to follow the directions to my office, but i will go over them to make sure they are perfectly clear. It took several calls to get a hold of me because it was before office hours, and I was located where the cell service was non-existent, common here in Vermont; however, keys were left just in case someone showed up early, and I called you as soon as i received the messages.
The building you stayed in was built in the late 1970's, and yes there have been several changes made to the decor of each individually owned condo. The building codes are not as strict as they are in Canada (for better or worse..),, and extension cords are allowed for such upgrades as a flat screen TV over the fireplace, or additional lighting.
The building also suffered it's first fire about a month ago. The management company of the building did not inform me, the rental company, that the Fire Marshall was conducting an inspection. Upon inspection, he found that condos, with wall heaters didn't have the latest required smoke detectors, and gave the PM 48hrs to remedy the situation. At that point, I was informed about what was to happen. Since you didn't have a propane wall heater in either bedroom, there was no need for them to install a new detector in your condo. Apparently they felt differently. Had I have known, I clearly would have informed you on what was about to transpire.
As for the noise, it can get loud if there are children or pets living above you. However, in this situation, above you was a couple in their 60's, whom are Ski Ambassadors for Killington, with no pets or kids. Where the noise came from, I am unsure, but I will look into it so that there will not be any issues in the future.
I wish you would have brought your concerns up with me, and give me a chance to right any of your issues, before just going public with your complaints, as this is the first I have heard of your unpleasant stay. I would like to make it up to you, but I am assuming you are not interested in returning, but if you would be, please give me a call directly and I will make sure you are taken care of.
Did you find this review helpful?