cosy post season cottage
Submitted: November 12, 2008
Stayed: October 2008
My enthusiasm draws on a lucky combination of several features
- location at the beach (even if there is a small road in between) in a neighbourhood which even in post-season weeks is only about half 'deserted'
- reasonable post season rent even if it raised a bit when the € went down during our stay
- well-maintained and nicely equiped cottage, looking like a holiday resort of one familiy since several generations
- already first step token towards energy saving reconstruction (isolation of a big window in the living room)
- the owner living around the corner rescued very kindly the german guests on the first morning when they excluded themselves by not knowing the american door-lock system
- we allready recommended this property to several friends in US and Germany
- Hammonasset Park close by, several historic places as well as New York (3 h by train) available
Helpful votes: 5/6
Did you find this review helpful?