Fantastic Winter Rental!
Several friends and I got together to rent this house for the 2011/2012 ski season. Located about 25 minutes from Stratton, 20 minutes from Bromley, and an hour from Killington, it provided a convenient mid-point for the different mountains we wanted to go to. It is an adorable home with everything that we needed. Some things we particularly liked were:
• Large dining room table & church pews - great for group dinners and games
• Stocked Kitchen - enough pots and pans to cook for a large group of people
• Propane Grill - grilled steak and veggies for dinner in the middle of winter? Sure!
• Sauna - definitely helped some sore muscles
• Firewood provided - loved that we didn't have to get this ourselves, as we used the fireplace every night we stayed there
• Linens provided - there was never a shortage of towels, sheets, blankets, bedding and pillows
• Washer/Dryer - we never needed to haul home dirty or damp ski clothing.
• Internet/utilities/plowing/trash removal included - as a group of renters, it was fantastic that we had no "hidden costs" and all costs were settled up front
Throughout the season, we looked forward to escaping NYC on the weekends (sometimes mid-week, for the lucky ones) and coming up to this cozy and comfortable retreat. Plus, with a group of friends, it's definitely one of the most affordable properties in the area!
Helpful votes: 2/2
Did you find this review helpful?