This romantic, light-filled apartment combines perfect location and charming surroundings. On the fabulous Saint-Louis island, in one of the most fashionable neighborhoods in Paris, it is on a high floor above the bank (quai) of the Seine, located in an historic building. From the sixth floor [5e étage] windows, you can look over a great part of the city, encompassing Momtmartre, Centre Georges Pompidou, La Bastille...
Within a block or so you find interesting shops of all sorts, particularly high-fashion and antiques, as well as marvelous bars and restaurants in all price ranges. The Seine is at your feet, the Louvre and the historical Marais are at walking distance.
It's about a five minute walk to Notre Dame cathedral, the absolute center of Paris. The building is small, six stories tall, with one apartment to a floor. It was built around 1600. Like in most historical buildings in Ile Saint- Louis, there is no elevator, the staircase being protected by law from any modification.
The 35m2 (approximately 420 square feet) apartment has just been renovated. It has wood floors in the room, entrance, kitchen and bath are tiled. Heat is individual to the apartment, and there is unlimited hot water. Radiators can be regulated in room and bathroom separately. Double-glazed windows face the river. Bathroom with shower and English-style towel warmer.
TO MAKE YOUR STAY EASY AND COMFORTABLE:
* The owner of this apartment treats you like honored visitors to his home. His wife welcomes you, helps you organizing your touring program and your restaurants bookings.
* We provide : linens, china, silverware, glassware including champagne flutes, cooking equipment, spices and condiments, as well as basic cooking supplies.
* Guidebooks and maps as well as English and French books are in the bookcase. A binder contains neighborhood and emergency information, user guides for the equipment, as well as a list of favorite shops and restaurants.
RENTAL PROPERTY FEATURES:
* Outstanding location in the heart of Paris, along the bank of the Seine, surrounded by elegant shops and chic restaurants and bistros.
* Charming and luxuriously appointed personal home in small, old-fashioned Parisian building - full of light, wide-open views of Paris up to Montmartre.
We both are in our early sixties.
Gerard is an academic and is teaching and doing research in Mathematics applied to telecommunication.
See his website : www.enst.fr/~cohen/
Aude was long working for Air France, starting as a stewardess then working on various topics as product quality or cabin interior, then she spent 6 years with RATP, the mass transit company for Paris. Recently retired she takes classes & do volunteer work helping foreigners to improve their practice of French language.
She loves to meet people and will be happy to help you organize your activities during your stay.
Gerard always dreamed to have a place overlooking the Seine river.
you'll enjoy an exclusive view from the windows, the Seine at your feet. At night the lights of the sight seeing boats illuminates the studio (if you choose to leave the curtains open).
You are in the very heart of the old city of Paris.