Honeymoon Cabin - Room for improvement
Our family reunion ended up with the Ohana, Honeymoon, and Cedar Lodge but this review is focused only on the General Site and Honeymoon Cabin specifically:
Pros: White River access for fishing, Very rural, Lots of fish & wildlife, Nice pool and firepit areas
- Availability of the kayacks, pontoon boats, etc. -- while not well advertised and at an extra cost -- absolutely essential if you want to maximize your adventures here.
- The farm next door was spreading manure during our stay -- forcing us inside from the stench for at least one day.
- At least 35 minutes each way (unless you like driving 60+ mph on small, winding roads) to get to the closest grocery
- Overly "friendly" maintenance person -- made himself a little too available at times
- A little "down in the mouth" with numerous (but small) maintenance issues outstanding -- an exposed"hot-wire" near the patio could have been a shock hazard, non-functional lighting, holes in screens, etc.
Pros: Air Conditioned, Rustic feel, Well-equiped kitchen
- Despite the loft and livingroom couches, really only comfortable for 2 adults plus some teens in the loft
- Bath (& hot water) barely adequate for 2 people
- Claw-foot tub is cute but impractical as a shower (curved bottom and lack of shelving) -- and minimal hot water means it is also impractical as an intimate bath
- Several outlets and lights appeared to be non-functional
- People sleeping in the loft should plan on exposing themselves to either the outdoors (huge window has no curtain) or to people in the living room.
Families with Teenagers
Helpful votes: 20/23
Did you find this review helpful?