Our holiday home in South Africa is called Blaaskans, which means: a moment to breathe / to relax.
relax. That´s exactly what it is meant when visiting Villa Blaaskans/South Africa.
The villa has three large bedrooms. The master bedroom is the largest bedroom, this room contains a double bed and it is also equipped with a luxurious bathroom. Bedroom two has a beautiful double four-poster bed and it is also equipped with a sliding door to the adjoining terrace. Bedroom three has tow single beds. All bedrooms are equipped with a fan and climate control system.
The villa has a spacious living room with sliding doors, making it a a perfect place to enjoy the fantastic views. In the living there is a long corner sofa, comfortable chairs and a fire place. The living room adjoins the open kitchen, which is equipped with a 5-burner stove, oven, microwave, kettle, coffee maker, toaster, American fridge with an ice maker and cold water tap. In the room next to the kitchen (scullery) you find the dishwasher, washing machine and dryer. In short, fully equipped.
Villa Blaaskans includes tow spacious bathrooms, one is located in the master bedroom. The is bathroom includes a bath, rain shower and double sink. The other bathroom is situated between bedroom two and three. Both bathrooms are adjacent to one of the two rain showers with a phenomenal vies of the Drakensberg and the Bush.
Around you find several terraces equipped with sun loungers and a lounge set directly adjacent to the private pool. In front of the villa you will find a double carport.
Villa Blaaskans is located on a private nature reserve (Zandspruit) where you can find several strolling harmless animals. Thus, it is possible to face a giraffe or a zebra during an evening walk. Even around the villa you can encounter wild (harmless) animals, so you can experience the animals very closely.
From the villa it is a 5 minute drive to the village of Hoedspruit. In the village you can find everything you need, including 2 supermarkets, 3 restaurants, an internet cafe and several clothing stores.
The village is surrounded by several nature reserves and therefore it is very safe. Villa Blaaskans is located at a 45-minutes drive from the famous Kruger park and the Blyde River Canyon.
Some of the different activities nearby (max. 45 min driving) of Villa Blaaskans are
- Night Safari and luxurious dinner at Kapama Game Reserve
- Walking with lions in a Big 5 Reserve at Tschukudu Game Reserve
- Self-drive safari in the famous Kruger National Park
- Feed and stroke a hippo at Jessica the Hippo
- Horse driving through the nature at African Dream Horse Riding
- Ride on an elephant at the Elephant Wishpers
- Fly in an balloon over the South African landscape
- Get an explanation and get a close up of wildlife at the rehab Moholoholo
- Fantastic views and carved rock formations at the Blyde River Canyon
All of the above activities can be booked at our contacts so your holiday to South Africa will be unforgettable. Take a look at our website for pictures of the above activities.
You will be guided; the whole trip, from the start to the end, so you can enjoy a carefree stay. Through friendly service - both in the Netherlands as in South Africa - you can experience the most relaxing time of your life. When you are flying from Johannesburg to Hoedspruit, you will be picket op there. You will be taken to the car rental and guided to the villa. There you will be welcomed and you receive all the information about the villa. Every Wednesday the house is cleaned and the linen is changed. This is also an opportunity to have your clothes washed and ironed. In addition care can be taken for bookings and activities, and you can receive tips. If you want to have your fridge already filled upon arrival, let us know what you want and on the day of arrival is what you have ordered cold.
In addition to all the activities the villa is ideal to completely unwind, Villa Blaaskans is also perfect for a honeymoon or round trip through South Africa.
If you have any questions about the activities, facilities in the surroundings or other questions, please feel free to send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website.
International guests (outside the Netherlands) are welcome! The stay in Villa Blaaskans is no problem, we can answer your questions in English without any problem.
Family de Korte
See our website
You can follow us on:
Youtube See our website
After our first visit to South Africa we fell in love with the country. We then decided to build Villa Blaaskans. Villa Blaaskans is family owned and is rent the majority of the year. From the Netherlands the rental is administrated by Pim Douw and Anne de Korte.
For questions please feel free to contact us.
Family de Korte
A few unique benefits of a stay in Villa Blaaskans are:
- Surrounded by harmless wild animals such as giraffes, zebras, impala's, kudus, etc. At safari around the house.
- Fantastic view from the pool on the Drakensberg and Bush.
- Private swimming pool
- Prices are inclusive, know beforehand what you pay, no surprises afterwards
- Personal guidance at location by our friendly host
- Unique location between the Kruger park and Blyde River Canyon
- Many safari options in the immediate vicinity
- Near the tourist village: Hoedspruit where all amenities can be found
- Eat lovely in the different restaurants in Hoedspruit
- Luxury and finished level of the house are beautiful
- Property is fully furnished
- Weekly cleaning
- Free WIFI and laundry
- Comprehensive information guide prior to the trip
- Very good reviews on Zoover, Homeaway and Tripadvisor