Langkawi Island Apartment Rental Photos and Description
Sunset Apartment - Modern and secure 2 bedroomed apartment with communal pool
Containing all the modern amenities you would expect in a holiday apartment, all towels, bedding, wifi, final cleaning and air con are also included in the rental charge. No extra's!
1st floor location - Two bedrooms, lounge/diner combined, balcony with pool views, kitchen, washing room and store room.
Flat screen TV with DVD (plays all region DVD's) and CD player (no satellite TV). Fitted kitchen, washing machine, drying and ironing facilities. Wifi.
The main bedroom has an Emperor sized bed, with en suite wet room/lavatory. The second bedroom has two single beds, with adjoining bathroom facilities. There is a fully kitted out kitchen, but as the food is so plentiful and inexpensive in Langkawi, it has not seen much action!
The lounge has a leather reclining sofa and chair, whilst the dining area has a table and seating for six people. The balcony overlooks the swimming pool.
Please note this is strictly a non-smoking apartment - smoking is allowed on the balcony however.
Shops and eateries can be found within easy walking distance.
Although the apartment is located in the islands capital town, it certainly does not suffer from 'city noise'. Adjoining a rainforest means that Macaque monkeys are regular visitors, and hornbills are also known to swoop in. Listening to the sounds of the forest at night is a pleasure in itself.
The complex is generally quiet during the day, and that also applies to the swimming pool. You certainly will not find yourself being crowded out in the pool, and its size means it is ideal for dedicated swimmers looking to exercise effectively. There is an adjoining paddling pool specifically for toddlers, and both pools are cleaned and treated daily. There is no life guard provided at any time though, and therefore swimmers use the facilities at their own risk.
The nearest beach to the apartment is about 1km away at Legenda Park, and this provides a sandy and quiet place to unwind. Also adjoining Legenda Park is a children's playground with loads of slides and swings for the kids to play on, as well as the local children for them to play with. There are more beaches on the island that are well worth a visit, but these will require a taxi or hire car to get you there.
The whole ambiance of the island is very laid back and friendly. English is widely spoken, tourists are welcomed, and most things are inexpensive in comparison to other continents. Langkawi is very different to its busier neighbour Penang, and may not be suitable for everyone. If you want a vibrant night life that continues till the early morning, and streets that bustle with traffic, then visit Penang. If you want a quieter, but more scenic environment, where good food is plentiful, and the locals are happy to see you, then visit Langkawi.
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
Late forties but with a late teen mentality ! We love exploring, seeing new cultures and trying new foods. If we could make a living out of visiting different countries that would be our ideal career - unfortunately not entirely realistic though!
We are easy going individuals and hence why we love the relaxed atmosphere on the island. We prefer to eat with the locals and take our meals on street-side eateries where the food is so inexpensive, varied, and tasty.
We bought the apartment as a place that we could retire to when the time comes. We hate the cold weather, and the constant warm climate here really appealed to us. We only started to rent the apartment to friends initially, but then decided to open it up to other guests as well.
We do like to live in comfort and spent time and money making our apartment a comfortable place to stay. It is equipped to modern standards and has fans and air con in each room. There is a gas hob just outside the kitchen in a small utility area - it works well, and keeps the cooking smells outside the kitchen.
Inside the apartment is a large lounge with TV, DVD player, and sound system. There is no satellite TV, but plenty of DVDs for you to use. There is free wifi as well, but the speed is not up to digital streaming standard.
The lounge has leather reclining settees, as well as a table and chairs for 6 people.
The kitchen has fitted units, a fridge/freezer, toaster, kettle, iron, microwave and cups/cutlery/cooking utensils. There is also a washing machine and external clothes horse.
The balcony area overlooks the pool and is a great place to have evening drinks, read a book, or watch and listen to the night time animals in the jungle that surrounds the apartment. The balcony overlooks the pool.
The main bedroom has a comfortable large bed and ensuite bathroom/toilet. The second bedroom has twin beds and an adjoining wetroom/toilet.
The apartment is located on the second floor and has about 16 steps to climb up.
Why Stefan chose Langkawi Island
The island has a unique magic that we have never encountered in any other place, despite being fairly well travelled. The beautiful scenery, the hospitable islanders, the great food, the value for money, and not to forget the weather ! All these combine to make the island the place that we want to call home when we retire.
Despite being a UNESCO designated island, it has places that will cater for most needs. If you want a high end hotel to eat your meals, then there are many great ones available. If like us you prefer to eat street food and explore the culinary delights of south east Asian menus, then there are plenty of opportunities as well. And at a price that will amaze you. Yes - there is also McDonalds and Kentucky available as well !
The island has supermarkets and fresh food street sellers if you want to make your own meals, and there are three large markets on the island - the biggest is about a mile from the apartment. The island is also duty free, which does save a fortune if you like a drink with your meal, and you smoke.
We love the easy going island lifestyle that Langkawi has. You can jump in the car and visit remote beaches, villages and forests, We would recommend you use a car as the islands attractions are all over the place, and a car will allow you to fully experience Langkawi. Petrol is cheap and the roads are great.
Our apartment is on the outskirts of the capital town of Kuah. It is on a private residential complex where the owners are a real mix of nationalities. It overlooks the best pool on the island. If you like to swim lengths, then this pool is ideal. It is quiet during the day, and only really gets busy at 4 - 6pm when families use the pool. There is also a small paddling pool for toddlers that adjoins the main pool.
It is a quiet complex and we ask that guests respect their neighbours and refrain from excessive behaviour.
The apartment is modern, well equipped and can sleep 4 people in a double and twin room
What makes this apartment unique
You will like the apartment and Langkawi is you love the following things:
1) You want to be independent and set your own daily agendas - this is not a package holiday where your meals will be made for you.
2) Exploring places under your own steam. Empty beaches, forests and local wildlife - there's lots of it.I will send you a guide outlining the best things that we have seen and done from our experience of the island.
3) You like mixing with local people and experiencing the real cultures of the countries you are visiting. Langkawi and Malaysia is a real mix of cultures - Malay, Chinese and Indian predominantly. The main influence though is Malay, and the main religion is Muslim. We have found the people to be friendly, welcoming and respectful hosts. We totally respect their cultures and way of life and have never experienced any problems. Indeed, my wife visits the island with her sister, and they have no issues in walking home on their own after a mean out at night.
4) You are not looking for a late night lifestyle with loads of nightclubs. If this is what you want, then this is not the island for you. Although Kuah and Pantai Cenang have late night eateries, this is not hell-raising central. Drugs are an absolute no no - don't even think about it. Do not confuse Malaysia with some of the excesses of its neighbour Thailand - this is a orderly and respectful island.
5) Families with children are welcome every where, although there are no theme parks on the island the apartment complex has a paddling pool, and there is a great park within a 15 minute walk.
6) You like hot weather. It is a constant 28 degrees minimum every day. Sometimes it rains - really hard - but its still warm.
7) English is widely spoken. If you do encounter communication difficulties smile and use hand signs to get your message across as this normally works.
8) You like empty beaches, forests and unspoilt landscapes.
9) Duty free, cheap petrol, great roads.