Upon your arrival you will be greeted by complementary hors d'oeuvres and wine, passes to the famous Spa on the Plaza in downtown Monterey that recently underwent a $2 million renovation, tickets for a tasting at Scheid Winery in downtown Carmel-by-the-Sea and a basket of local information. An assigned concierge vacation house manager is at your disposal to assist you during your stay. We have also provided spa amenities in the bathrooms, plush bathrobes, slippers and over-sized towels, and beach gear.
Designer David Wilday has imparted his special touches, giving the house a European-country feel with rich detailing and masterful craftsmanship, including walnut floors and doors, hand-hewn wooden beams, original artwork, plaster walls with natural lime finishes, wrought-iron light fixtures and tasteful yet comfortable furnishings.
The handsome exterior features a second-story panel of arched windows, Carmel-stone accents and a beautiful wooden arched door flanked by two stained-glass windows.
You can breathe in the fresh sea breezes, listen to the lulling ocean sounds and check out golfers' proficiency from teak chairs situated beneath moss-draped oaks in the beautifully landscaped front yard that includes stone walking paths, manicured hedges and colorful flowers.
The living room, to the right of the spacious entry, has ocean and golf-course views and features a comfortable overstuffed plaid couch and chairs in golds, greens and reds, a glass coffee table, oak cabinet, a large mirror, a wrought-iron chandelier and original paintings.
To the left as you enter, a great room contains a dining area with an impressive designed Carmel stone gas fireplace with architectural details and a rectangular wooden table that seats 8-10. There is a cozy sitting area with a TV, a loveseat and comfortable chairs, that looks out to the 4th hole of the Monterey Peninsula Country Club Shore Course, where countless golf luminaries have played through in their quest to claim the AT&T prize. A recessed ceiling soffit for indirect lighting creates wonderful ambience at night.
The great room has a large open bar that connects to the magnificent kitchen, which is fully equipped with everything to make a gourmet chef's heart beat faster, including creamy off-white Woodmode cabinets, Jerusalem limestone counters, a center island workspace with gas stove and other top-of-the-line appliances. Kitchen windows overlook an enclosed wind-protected brick courtyard with a gurgling fountain, built-in fire pit and lush ferns, shrubs, calendula, impatiens, hydrangeas and other coastal blooms. Outdoor furniture includes a round glass table and chairs for breakfast al fresco.
A hallway off the kitchen leads to the guest wing. The charming larger bedroom features wall-to-wall carpeting, extra long twin beds that convert to a king with memory foam topper and luxurious linens including a cream-colored comforter/duvet and floral accent pillows in salmon and taupe. There are plenty of closets as well as sliding glass doors that open to the courtyard. An adjoining bathroom has granite countertops, a tile floor and a tub with shower. The second guest bedroom likewise has twin beds that convert to a king and luxury linens in a Ralph Lauren print in earth tones of brown, taupe and red.
The sunny second-story carpeted master suite is spacious yet cozy, with a buttercup-cup yellow and ivory color scheme, a California king bed with ivory satin coverlet and two yellow and white checked overstuffed chairs at the foot of the bed for watching TV or daydreaming in front of the fireplace. Light streams in from the numerous windows that face the ocean and the 4th fairway. A small balcony off the bedroom to the front of the house has seating for enjoying morning coffee and watching the sunlight glint off the ocean.
A showplace master bath features an extra-long Jacuzzi tub that looks out to the private balcony above the courtyard, a separate shower and spacious his and her toiletry areas, each with its own sink, limestone countertop and East Coast old-growth yellow pine cabinets and closets.
A front stairwell from the master bedroom lead down to an extension of the entryway that opens to the kitchen on one side and on the opposite side to the other wing of the house that contains a half-bath, a family room and an office. The half-bath, with its granite counter tops and arched wood-framed mirror, features a sauna to help you get the kinks out of those tight muscles.
The spacious wood-beamed family room, with its antique armoire filled with golf memorabilia, has a classic walnut writing desk, a gas fireplace with a flat-screen TV above it, a sofa that converts to a queen for additional sleeping, and sliding glass doors that open to the courtyard. If work demands are impossible to escape, the separate office at the end of this wing is equipped with a large desk and lots of counter space to spread out papers.
A double garage and additional space off the driveway are available for parking. Pets are welcome.
We welcome you to come spend as much time as you can at Hacienda-by-the-Sea, a refuge that allows you to take time to be and to enjoy all the best that life can offer.
Additional Rate Details and Rental Terms.....
* There are areas on the Monterey Peninsula that require a 7 night minimum stay. Please call our office for more details if you need less than a week.
** Monthly rentals subject to owners approval.
* Not Available for Month Long Rental 6/1 thru 8/31
* 10.5% County transient occupancy tax applicable to base rental fees.
* Non-refundable cleaning fees are quoted separately from rent depending on number of guests. $350 to $400.
* Stays of 30 days or more require mid-stay cleanings every two weeks that you will be responsible for scheduling with our Vacation House Manager assigned to the rental and paying cleaners for directly at the time each cleaning is performed at the rate of $25/hour. This is over and above the cleaning fee itemized in your contract.
* Rates are based on up to 8 guests, including infants and children. NO MORE THAN 10 GUESTS ALLOWED (8 adults maximum, 2 children more negotiable). Please add $25 per person per night over 8 guests including infants and children up to maximum of 10 guests. Guests over 8 must be approved by owner before acceptance of contract.
* Accidental Loss and Damage Waiver $75 instead of security deposit (covers up to $2,000 unintentional damage to house or its contents but does not cover negligent abuse or neglect)
* Credit Card number must be on file for security against any damages should damage be due to abuse or neglect and are not accidental in nature. Guest would be responsible for any uncovered damages.
*Pet Fees: $100 large dog (1 large dog only); $150 two small dogs; No dogs over 45 pounds; if arranged after acceptance of contract, contract must be amended to adjust price. Must sign Pet Waiver and have Purchased Insurance $75.
* Cancellation Policy: If you cancel 60 days or less before your arrival date, you are eligible for a refund only if we can re-rent the property for the same dates and rental rate less the $150 administration fee and any bank or PayPal fees incurred by the owner. If you cancel 60 days or more before your arrival date, you are eligible for a full refund of the rental amount less the $150 administration fee and any bank or PayPal fees incurred by owner. [Please read the full terms in the Rental Agreement before signing for any recent changes to this abbreviated policy statement - the Rental Agreement contains our current policy]
* PG&E gas and electricity are paid by guest for rentals of 30 days or more.
* Full payment is due at time of booking if booked less than 60 days prior to arrival date.
* If booked more than 60 days in advance of arrival date, 50% of total amount is due to secure reservation with balance of total due 60 days prior to arrival date.
* Access information and directions will be provided once payment is made in full.
* This is a two story residence.
* Ask about Last-Minute Specials!! Save $75 to $100 per night depending on number of guests, if booked within 7 days of arrival, subject to owner's approval. “Minimum night stays” can also be waived for Last Minute Specials.'