West Iceland House Rental Photos and Description
3 bedr. sleeps 5 (double bed, single bed, double sofabed, bathroom
We are offering our modern 150 sqm. house, our second home, which we designed and built in 2010. The house is secluded, located by the seaside and has spectacular views and scenery on all sides. The surroundings are very quiet and peaceful and create a private haven for its visitors.
- 45 km (45 min drive) from the KEF airport.
- 43 km (40 min drive) to downtown Reykjavik.
The house has a bright, open living area with large windows overlooking the spectacular ocean scenery over to the mountains across the fjord.
- Three bedrooms, sleeps 6 (double bed, double sofabed,
single bed, and a mattress for a child).
- Walk-in closet.
- One bathroom with a shower.
- Large porch for outdoor enjoyment and an outdoor shower. - - -
- Fully equipped kitchen
- A washer
- Flat screen
- High-speed wifi
Our home is located 50m from the beach and the birdlife is varied and unique. Eagles live in the area and are seen occasionally as they rest on a small island just off the shore. Seals are also frequent visitors. Wild berries in august. Northern lights, moonlight and stars in all their glory during the wintertime.
We believe our house is excellent to enjoy the icelandic nature and scenery e.g.
- The fjord itself, Hvalfjörður
- Glymur waterfall, the highest waterfall in Iceland
- Esjan, the most popular hiking area around the capital
- The golden circle; Þingvellir, Gullfoss, Geysir
- Snæfellsnes peninsula and the its national park
All in all a peaceful and secluded place to stay all year around and an ideal workplace for artists and authors. We are looking forward to welcome you to our house, your home-away-from-home.
- wheelchair accessible
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- children welcome
- Low Allergen Environment
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- non smoking only
We are Kristín, a teacher, Magnús, tv-cameramand and our 14 years old daughter, Jana Katrín. We live in Kjós, Iceland. We like art, films, music, travelling and outdoor activity. We are neat and quiet and value comfort and silence. By rented out the house we get the chance to meet people from all over and we love to provide a good service to our visitors.