Dupont Circle House Rental Photos and Description
House, 5 Bedrooms, 4 Baths (Sleeps 10)
SLIGO CREEK MANOR:
Equipped with elegant furnishings of the highest quality which embodies a home away from home for those who appreciate the best.
Furnished with extraordinary amenities that exceed the comforts of the finest hotels including king size top of the line Tempur-pedic mattresses, soft organic bedding, a private outdoor hot tub, 65' and 80' TV's with DVR and HBO, Sirius radio throughout, massage chair, luxurious robes and much more.
You will enjoy returning home after an eventful day visiting D.C.’s inspiring monuments and historic sites. In addition to the tranquil atmosphere the neighborhood is rich with restaurants, shops and a Whole Foods grocery store.
Uniquely situated along Sligo Creek, you're steps away from a gorgeous hiking trail and 15 minutes from downtown Washington DC and the Capitol. The home is ideal for a relaxing getaway or exciting educational vacation.
Every season offers something special whether visiting during the Cherry Blossom Festival when spring flowers are in bloom, fall foliage season or during the summer when our many festivals take place.
Luxurious amenities include:
* Wood plank floors
* Four poster mahogany king bed with silk canopy
* Mix of fine European and Balinese furniture
* Cloud supreme Tempur-Pedic mattresses and the softest bedding available.
* Private hot tub in a peaceful setting with a large fenced yard
* Toto Heated toilet seat with remote control bidet
* Westin Heavenly double shower head
* Complimentary coffee, basic cooking supplies and spices
* Sirius Satellite Radio and music wired throughout
* (2) - 65'' TV's and (1) 80' plasma TV's all with DVR and HBO
* Complimentary Wi-Fi
* Thick oversized robes
* Massage chair
* Carved 300 year old teak bed imported from Bali in the yard to relax after a day of sightseeing
* Outdoor picnic table and benches that seat 12
* Wraparound porch with a 2 person swing, dining table and rocking chair.
* The kitchen is open and has granite counters and stainless appliances.
* Walk to the local park with a children's playground 1/2 block away.
* Pack and Play and high chair provided
* A Slumber Party Room with 4 double beds and 80' TV with Xbox 360
* Cleaned and maintained to the highest standard
You are invited to view a walk through video of the property to see the layout at this link:
GETTING AROUND TO VISIT THE CAPITOL
The home is 1.5 miles from the Takoma Park and Silver Spring metro stations. Park your car at the metro and take the train to Washington DC. The Smithsonian Museum and White House are 7 miles away.
TAKOMA PARK is a walkable, green and friendly neighborhood with a farmers market every Sunday. The neighborhood is known as 'The Berkeley of the East'. Known for its numerous mature trees creating a serene feeling of living in the woods. It's quiet, family friendly and offers a wide variety of restaurants.
SILVER SPRING has a wealth of dining options with its restaurant row in addition to wonderful opportunities in entertainment including The AFI Silver Theater which offers first run and classic films as well as our annual SilverDocs Film Festival. The Majestic Theater has 20-screens with the finest selection of first run films anywhere in Metropolitan Washington. For live performance, there's Round House Theatre, live summer concerts and the annual Silver Spring Jazz Festival.
Silver Spring has a seasonal outdoor ice skating rink.
There are many local concerts, exhibits, dances and neighborhood festivals. A few worth mentioning are:
* SilverDocs in June
* JazzFest June 10th
* The Folk Festival Sept 9
* The Street Festival Oct 7
LAYOUT OF THE HOME:
* 1st floor: Slumber party room with 4 double beds, massage chair, 80' TV with Xbox, laundry room and full Bathroom
* 2nd floor: The kitchen, Dining/Living area,wraparound porch, Master Suite, 2nd Bedroom and Half Bath.
* 3rd floor: The Red Bedroom, Country Pine Bedroom and a shared Full Bathroom
SUGGESTED THINGS TO DO WHILE IN DC
Explore vibrant Georgetown. This area is also home to a rich variety of cultural attractions, stores and eateries. Listen to evocative jazz in Blues Alley, shop in the design district known as Cady’s Alley and explore the C&O Canal, Georgetown Waterfront Park and Washington Harbour. Dupont Circle with it's vibrant shops and cafes, The Phillips Collection Museum for modern art, Woodrow Wilson's home and Embassy Row.
Worth a visit are Mount Vernon, George Washington's estate and museum and the many Smithsonian Museums.
** I enjoy taking good care of my guests, if I can do anything special to make your stay memorable please let me know!
Keywords: Luxurious, country, farmhouse, woodsy, warm, romantic, sophisticated, Silverdocs, private, spa, Washington, dc, large, home, luxury, amenities, downtown, wii, hiking, creek, view, fenced, yard, sirius, direct tv, dvr, robes, hot tub, tempur-pedic, playground, foliage, cherry blossom festival, Sligo creek manor, white house, four seasons hotel
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
What makes this house unique
When staying at Sligo Creek Manor you will enjoy the best of both worlds. The close proximity to visit Washington, DC during the day and the luxurious home with the best of everything to return to in the evening. I have spared no expense in trying to offer as many special touches and amenities as possible including the outdoor hot tub, the best bedding and duvets, heated toilet seats, a massage chair, Sirius Satellite wired throughout and electronic gadgets that will entertain you on a day you feel like staying in. You will enjoy the neighborhood in all seasons. The fall foliage is striking, the spring flowers and flowering tress bloom in abundance, it's lush and green during summer and you'll enjoy the outdoor hot tub especially during the winter.
Guestbook comments from the owner
This house was perfect for our family of 8. It was extremely clean and comfortable. The kitchen was very well equipped with all the cookware and utensils we needed. Our family likes to cook, so this was important to us. The hot tub was spotless and a welcome end to a busy day of sight seeing. We enjoyed playing Wii games, the rockers on the porch, and walking the nearby trails. Upon our late arrival, we were welcomed with a beautiful bowl of fruits, candies, and a pumpkin! This was such a special touch to add to the home. Overall, we would highly recommend this home for cleanliness, comfort, beauty, and convenience.