SLIGO CREEK MANOR:
The home is designed with the sophisticated traveler in mind. Uniquely situated along Sligo Creek, you'll feel as though you're out in the country yet 15 minutes from downtown Washington DC and the Capitol.
Gorgeous hiking trails are just steps away offering a meandering path along Sligo creek.
The home has 4000 sq ft with 5 bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms. Three bedrooms have king Tempur-pedic mattresses, the 4th bedrooms has a very comfortable pillow top queen mattress. The 5th bedroom is a great room for the kids with 4 full size comfy beds.
GETTING AROUND TO VISIT THE CAPITOL
We are 1 mile from Takoma Park and Silver Spring metro stations, you can park your car at the metro and take the train to Washington DC at The Smithsonian stop for example, arriving in 15 minutes. Downtown Washington DC is 7 miles away. You may leave your car at home, walk 2 blocks to a bus stop which will take you to the metro station.
Enjoy warm and luxurious touches including:
* Wood plank floors
* Four poster mahogany king bed with silk canopy
* Organic soft duvets cleaned after each guest
* Mix of fine European and Balinese furniture
* Cloud supreme Tempur-Pedic mattresses and the softest sheets available.
* Private hot tub in a peaceful setting with a large fenced yard
* Toto Heated toilet seat with remote control bidet
* Westin Heavenly double shower head
* Complimentary coffee and basic cooking supplies and spices
* Sirius Satellite Radio and music wired throughout the home.
* 2 - 65' plasma HDTV's with DVR and HBO
* Complimentary Wi-Fi
* Luxurious robes
* Massage chair
* Kitchen is open and has granite counters and stainless appliances.
* Walk to the local park with a children's playground 1/2 block away.
* Pack and Play and high chair provided
* Cleaned and maintained to the highest standard
TAKOMA PARK is a walkable, green and friendly urban city with a year round producer-only farmers market every Sunday. We have a wonderful yoga center nearby and our community is open minded and supportive of alternative lifestyles and individualism. The neighborhood is known as 'The Berkeley of the East'. Known for its numerous mature trees creating a serene feeling of living in the woods. It's quiet, family friendly and offers a wide variety of restaurants. There's a neighborhood Whole Foods Grocery Store nearby.
Equally close is Silver Spring with its restaurant row offering a wealth of cuisines and wonderful opportunities in entertainment including The AFI Silver Theater which offers first run and classic films as well as our annual SilverDocs Film Festival. The Majestic Theater has 20-screens with the finest selection of first run films anywhere in Metropolitan Washington. For live performance, there's Round House Theatre, live summer concerts and the annual Silver Spring Jazz Festival.
In the winter downtown Silver Spring has a popular outdoor ice skating rink.
There are many local concerts, exhibits, dances and neighborhood festivals. A few worth mentioning are:
* SilverDocs in June
* JazzFest June 10th
* The Folk Festival Sept 9
* The Street Festival Oct 7
LAYOUT OF THE HOME:
* 1st floor: Slumber party room with 4 double beds, massage chair, laundry room and full Bathroom
* 2nd floor: The kitchen, Dining/Living area,wraparound porch, Master Suite, 2nd Bedroom and Half Bath.
* 3rd floor: Bedrooms 2 bedrooms and a shared Full Bathroom
** I enjoy taking good care of my guests, if I can do anything special to make your stay memorable please let me know!
If you'd care to see my all positive feedback or you're interested in visiting Lake Tahoe please visit my links at:
VRBO number 96089
VRBO number 332915
Keywords: Luxurious, country, farmhouse, woodsy, warm, romantic, sophisticated, Silverdocs, private, spa, Washington, dc, large, home, luxury, amenities, downtown, karaoke, wii, hiking, creek, view, fenced, yard, sirius, direct tv, dvr, robes, hot tub, tempur-pedic, playground, foliage, cherry blossom festival, Sligo Creek Manor